Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That show and go solution looks mighty slick!

Do you guys wash your cars yourselves or is there a detailer on Oahu that's great with Teslas? If done yourself, any products you recommend?

Also has any owners been invited to Ala Moana's opening of version 2.0 of a Tesla store?

I liked the show and go on my 40 but couldn't use it on my 70 since it would block the camera. The law is great too..only a minute or two to unscrew/take off the license plate.

As for washing..I wash my own car but have taken it to Shea's Luxury Detail for detailing since he's applied 22PLE or whatever the latest version was on my car.

Also, I haven't received an invite for the grand opening ...is there going to be a party? They weren't sure last time I checked since Doug was the one who organized the last one.

Last edited:
So just found out from Daniel my X Is still in "pre-production" and it's probably late September or early October before I can take delivery. I'm truly confused and a bit frustrated that mainland X75Ds with nearly identical configurations and VINs higher than mine are taking delivery in August, while my X is languishing in pre-production hell. :mad: I'm also a bit frustrated, since the resale value of my S is dropping by the month which in turn is impacting the net cost of my X. At least the Tesla RVG on my S doesn't expire until November. Perhaps I'll get AP 3.0 hardware in return for my patience.....:rolleyes:

OK, end rant, for now....

Last edited:
Whoever said Teslas are the Camrys of Kailua- wasn't kidding... Just parked and a twin showed up

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 65
So after what seemed like an interminable wait for information and timing of my X, I found out yesterday that it has finally sailed from CA and is on it's way here. Taking delivery by 9/30, or perhaps earlier if the SC is not too backed up. I think they'll push hard to get it to me by then too, since Elon is really pushing everyone to beat expectations for Q3.

Does anyone know if they're doing deliveries at Ala Moana now? The next week is going to be tough.....:eek:

So after what seemed like an interminable wait for information and timing of my X, I found out yesterday that it has finally sailed from CA and is on it's way here. Taking delivery by 9/30, or perhaps earlier if the SC is not too backed up. I think they'll push hard to get it to me by then too, since Elon is really pushing everyone to beat expectations for Q3.

Does anyone know if they're doing deliveries at Ala Moana now? The next week is going to be tough.....:eek:

Congrats! My co-worker's X might be on the same boat! I think deliveries are only at the SC.

Reactions: gmtom1
Minor update - they told me the boat arrives/vehicles might be offloaded today or Monday, depending on the timing & stevedores. Hopefully will deliver sometime next week, depending on how busy the SC is right now. I may have to do some reconnaissance on Tuesday.....:p

Reactions: spleen
Minor update - they told me the boat arrives/vehicles might be offloaded today or Monday, depending on the timing & stevedores. Hopefully will deliver sometime next week, depending on how busy the SC is right now. I may have to do some reconnaissance on Tuesday.....:p

gmtom1, the wait for your X has been an odyssey. Please post a photo when you finally get it. Happy to hear it is getting so close!

Finally got my X! Overall, it was a good experience, but unfortunately they are picking it up on Monday to fix the right FWD, which is misaligned and catches on the rear trim when opening. There were a couple of other things with the delivery experience that were a little disappointing too. I'll post more thoughts later, after I've had time to digest them a bit.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Nose.jpg
    Nose.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Side Angle.jpg
    Side Angle.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Side full.jpg
    Side full.jpg