Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have mutterd something under my breath about the Blaisdell Center parking staff before, but they came through today...
Score 1 for the parking lot attendents at Blaisdell Center.
Short Story....
4PM graduation day at the Blaisdell with the parking lot Full.
two EV parking spots one charger. 1 Leaf (completed charging), 1 Buick Regal ICE.
1 Tesla MS in need of a charge. 1 Buick Regal that is not going anywhere for the next 4 1/2 hours.
Parking staff said OK. Just leave your car and let the Buick Regal owner wait for you to come back.

mmmmmm I should have taken a picture...

Update
I got a call from Blaisdell parking and the Buick wanted to move...
Of course I got bored watching TV and went over to see what was going on (before the call)
a few minutes of Talking Story with the attendant when I got to the car and I decided to let her out. all the other cars in that section were gone and she had been sitting about 45 minutes waiting for me.
Naturally she was VERY appologetic. I offered to park in front of the gas pump the next time she was running on empty, just to return the favor.

and a First call to Tesla service. After she vacated the space I pulled in to finish my charge. I raised my suspension to get over the curb and got an error.
Susspension too high
. mmmm I couldn't get it to go down, so I plugged back in and charged while I called tesla service. they told me to unplug and try to lower it again. it worked:redface:....

I asked about the next update and if it would have sleep mode back....
He said 4.5 will be out to more cars in a few weeks (first released 5/12) and have sleep mode enabled again. the firmware notes here on TMC do not say that... I hope it's back.

Last edited:
Found out earlier this week we'll be taking delivery in mid-June of our 40, woohoo! Pretty much all set as we have our garage charger installed.

One thing we'd like to take care of right away is protecting the paint since we didn't order the Tesla paint armor. @nanimac mentioned way back in the thread that she had a tint guy in Kalihi. I didn't catch where that was specifically. Would you recommend him? Any additional recommendations?

40 kWh Blue Tesla Model S, Panoramic Roof, Tan Leather with Obeche Gloss, Tech, Sound, Air, Rear Seats, Parcel Shelf

StephenM, Did your side mirrors point down when you put the car in reverse before you 12V battery swap? Does everyone's side mirrors point down when you put your car in reverse?

Yes ... but you need to set them that way. The mirror positions when in drive and in reverse are independent. Put the car in reverse, adjust the mirrors downwards, and save. Put it in drive, mirrors go up, put it in reverse, mirrors go down. Unless you have textile seats of course ...

I finally went out to the service center, and got my rear seats installed. It took longer than Barry anticipated. I believe it was his first install of the rear seats. Anyway, took the kids out for a ride and they love the rear seats. I loved it even more since they didn't fight while sitting in the back and I didn't have to listen to all the nonsense that usually accompanies a ride with my two sons. That alone is priceless. It seems like the car is a little noisier. We think the noise is coming from the well where the children put their feet. It is pretty close to the rear tires so I think more sound is coming through the well now that it doesn't have the cover over it.

Just a word of caution. Don't be a fool like me by leaving your fob in your jeans pocket and then letting your jeans have a swim in the washing machine and a whirl in the dryer. It cost me $350 to replace the fob. Ouch!

I finally went out to the service center, and got my rear seats installed. It took longer than Barry anticipated. I believe it was his first install of the rear seats. Anyway, took the kids out for a ride and they love the rear seats. I loved it even more since they didn't fight while sitting in the back and I didn't have to listen to all the nonsense that usually accompanies a ride with my two sons. That alone is priceless. It seems like the car is a little noisier. We think the noise is coming from the well where the children put their feet. It is pretty close to the rear tires so I think more sound is coming through the well now that it doesn't have the cover over it.

Just a word of caution. Don't be a fool like me by leaving your fob in your jeans pocket and then letting your jeans have a swim in the washing machine and a whirl in the dryer. It cost me $350 to replace the fob. Ouch!

Sorry to hear about the key fob. That's one expensive load of laundry!

I don't have kids, but I'm now wishing I got the rear seats installed, since they now only offer installation from the factory. It will no doubt raise the re-sale of the car (though that won't be for a long time I suspect) and it's so cool looking. I've got small enough friends that I think in a pinch some of them could fit in those seats, plus you never know when you have guests with kids (like my sister who has 5 boys) where it would come in handy.
Thanks for the feedback also. Interesting comment about the possibility of noise filtering up from the footwell. This car is so quiet you really can hear everything.

Congrats on getting the rear seats finally! Just be careful about the heat/sun back there. Ours complain frequently about heat during the day, even with tinting. They love them at night though!

Another sign delivery is getting close... My HPWC showed up at my doorstep today. Strange, but the red delivery button appeared on My Tesla screen again, but nothing happens when pressed.

Mine has the delivery button too and nothing happens when I press it. Am getting ready to hit the pay now button though. Got my check from Alliant CU yesterday. One step closer......

Papafox, nanimac, looks like we'll all be grinning before the end of June! I emailed Mac today, he said that my car was at the port in Oakland. He also said that once cars are ready, they are shipped once a week via their vendor CFR in a specialized container before it ever arrives at the port, like in this video: The Future of Car Shipping - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

One thing we'd like to take care of right away is protecting the paint since we didn't order the Tesla paint armor. @nanimac mentioned way back in the thread that she had a tint guy in Kalihi. I didn't catch where that was specifically. Would you recommend him? Any additional recommendations?

I also have a guy in Kalihi lined up to do tinting and paint armor. Not sure if is the same guy that nanimac referred to, but may very well be. Will report back with info when it is done. Just need to get the car first!

Last edited:
Papafox, nanimac, looks like we'll all be grinning before the end of June! I emailed Mac today, he said that my car was at the port in Oakland. He also said that once cars are ready, they are shipped once a week via their vendor CFR in a specialized container before it ever arrives at the port, like in this video: The Future of Car Shipping - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a guy in Kalihi lined up to do tinting and paint armor. Not sure if is the same guy that nanimac referred to, but may very well be. Will report back with info when it is done. Just need to get the car first!

Great news RodF...am hoping mine will make it to the port this week. I'm using Pro Tint for paint armor and tint.

I'm interested in finding out about all sources of paint armor on Oahu. Just dong a search for this doesn't pull up many names of installers. Xpel seems to be the forum favorite for paint protection film but the Xpel website doesn't show any "official" installers in Hawaii. I know Dwight at Pro Tint does PPF (not sure what brand but not Xpel) but does anybody know of any other installers? In a car crazy state like ours, I have to think that there are some other options available. Where do all the other high end cars go? (Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Audi, etc)

This would be good info. It's a little too late for me already though, since I just spotted my first very visible rock chip on the front bumper.

I too have seen a tiny chip on the leading edge of my hood. I am strongly considering getting the Xpel Hood and headlight kits. I am just aprehensive about doing the installation myself. Plus they do not offer a side kit and I would like to use PPF from one manufacturer if posssible. with the small parking spaces here in hawaii, door protection is a big concern.

I ordered the factory paint armor, which I understand is likely to be put on at the SC in Waipahu. There's some advantage in all of our cars not arriving in the same week because there's less of an overload for the guys at the SC. I suspect there are other S models about to ship to Hawaii that are owned by people who do not post on this thread of teslamotorsclub.com. Hawaii must have more than it's fair share of 40kwh buyers because of the inability of us islanders to take long road trips. It'll be fun to hear about the new batch of S cars that come in during early June as we pick up our cars. We'll just heighten the suspense for Hawaiiskibum and others with our glowing reports.

Is anyone going to ask Mac to enable remote access before shipping? I'll try if no one reports trying to do so.

"Is anyone going to ask Mac to enable remote access before shipping? I'll try if no one reports trying to do so."

PapaFox....I just talked to MAC, checking on my Vehicle two notable quotes:

1. My car just arrived in Honolulu - should be delivered this Friday or possibly Tuesday.
2. He understands the issue with tracking vehicles to Hawaii and they are considering activating the car to facilitate tracking. His caveat was that it probably won't
work at sea...my response....it will work in the port of Oakland, along the coast of California as it goes to LA, and as it leaves enroute to Hawaii. More importantly, the owner can see when it arrives and can plan to have car in hand within a week or so. He acknowledged these facts.

FYI - I know two people that ordered 40W cars who are scheduled the first few weeks of June. (Of course the get the 60W with SW limited 40W range - however that works)

hodgeshawaii, Yay !!! for you.

Back to the Show-N-Hide front plate. I've washed my baby a couple of times lately, and its much easier to wash with this fold down plate than with the rigid installation I was using. I like it. I'm just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.