Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my v4.5 update yesterday.:smile: Today when I did a 90% charge I had 233 miles instead of my standard charge of 243 miles. assuming a 265 mile max charge that is only 88%.:frown:
No noticeable change to the vampire losses compared with v4.4, but I've only had it for one day.

Back when I was waiting for my car, I used the link for the Matson ship tracker. all you do is pick the Matson ship and you get a map with a LAT/LON.
(probably the MV Mahimahi or MV Mokihana which are the ones that go from Oakland to Long Beach to HNL.) so much simpler than waiting for your phone app to be "out of range".

Nanimac:
Mac told me on Wed that my car had been shipped, but the logistics team are the only ones that could tell us ETA. Just 3 hrs ago, I got an email asking what was the best time between 6/13-16/17. Keep monitoring your emails.
I never received any papers in the mail yet. Do you know what is that I'm supposed to receive? Bill of sale? Manufacturer's statement of origin? Am I supposed to sign something and send it back?

Akikiki:
Lee used to work at my company. How do you know Lee? He told me last year that his MS was white.

Aloha! Mahalo Akikiki for the invite. I also got the email saying my delivery would be between the 13th and the 17th. I placed my order in early November 2012, and was told I'd get my car in February 2013. Then it was March. Then April. Then May. Finally they sail June 6. Mack told me me car arrived in Honolulu on Monday June 3, but when I spoke to Richard on the phone yesterday afternoon, he said it was still on the dock, 5 days later! Incredible!

Solar, He posted a thread on TM today about 8:15. His car is here and he's rightly upset because of some info he got about it. I doubt the information is accurate though. I asked him to come over to our thread and let us share some details with him. I've been watching for him to show up.

Back to the question you asked nanimac. Go back to comment #522 about 12 April, there's some details there about what you should expect to get from TM. When it arrives, quickly read, check all over where you need to sign and get it back out the same day going back FedEx to TM. The return FedEx enevlope will be included. You can turn it around in the same week, and it will help your paperwork considerably. Really important.

Has the delivery process been streamlined at all since the checklist was done? Just wondering if we need to update the checklist because the SC has streamlined some parts of it for us?

Tessie 001 (1024x765).jpg
Tessie 003 (640x480).jpg
Tessie 004 (640x480).jpg
Tessie 002 (1024x765).jpg
Tessie 007 (640x480).jpg
Tessie 006 (640x480).jpg

Big Island Style Delivery: 7:09am Barge arrives, 9:37 car comes off barge, 10:43 flatbed truck arrives, 11:07 headed for home, 11:55 car in garage. It's good to be Harbor Master... (Most of the time)

Last edited:
Jeff, congrats on finally getting your car! Awesome dock pics!

Looks like i'm going thru the same frustrations now along with a few others trying to figure out when I'm getting my car. If the Tesla process was consistent and they would communicate more easily, we wouldn't have to play these guessing games! In the end, I'm sure I'll appreciate my car even more once I get it :)

solarpowered, make sure you sign all the required spots on the CA registration form you have to return. I have a feeling my missing the odometer sig is the reason for the holdup on my car shipping.

leeward, what's the config on your car?

dsmith, thanks for the matson tracker! Will hopefully be using soon!

Jeff, congrats on finally getting your car! Awesome dock pics!

Looks like i'm going thru the same frustrations now along with a few others trying to figure out when I'm getting my car. If the Tesla process was consistent and they would communicate more easily, we wouldn't have to play these guessing games! In the end, I'm sure I'll appreciate my car even more once I get it :)

solarpowered, make sure you sign all the required spots on the CA registration form you have to return. I have a feeling my missing the odometer sig is the reason for the holdup on my car shipping.

leeward, what's the config on your car?

dsmith, thanks for the matson tracker! Will hopefully be using soon!

Nanimac: she is pearl white (momi kea), pano roof, standard wheels, black fab interior, tech pack, air susp, cargo deck

Received the insurance card with watermark yesterday so will get the safety check on Monday. That means the tax office next. I spoke to a Tesla owner yesterday and he mentioned the tax office wanted a bill of sale, not among the documents send by Tesla. Can anyone elaborate? Has the tax office become better educated about Tesla?

Update : called Mac this morning on a whim hoping he would be there. He was :). Bad news is my car is still at Oakland port...he's going to find out why today if the logistics people are in the office. He was surprised it was still there. So basically another week missing the boat :(

Update : called Mac this morning on a whim hoping he would be there. He was :). Bad news is my car is still at Oakland port...he's going to find out why today if the logistics people are in the office. He was surprised it was still there. So basically another week missing the boat :(

Wow, really sorry to hear that, Nanimac. Very frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Received the insurance card with watermark yesterday so will get the safety check on Monday. That means the tax office next. I spoke to a Tesla owner yesterday and he mentioned the tax office wanted a bill of sale, not among the documents send by Tesla. Can anyone elaborate? Has the tax office become better educated about Tesla?

The notarized bill of Sale should have been included with your packet from Tesla and is required by the State Tax Office as well as to get your temporary safety check. You should call them for it.

Jeffdhood- Congratulations!

Akikiki- I spoke with Luke today and learned that the SC has certain rules regarding the handing of the car back to sales and that a waiving of the detailing is not possible (though I can request an exterior wash in lieu of the whole detailing process). The bottom line is that next week would be the soonest that I could pick up the car. Thanks again so much for your willingness to provide transportation today, but a car pickup just was not in the cards for this weekend.

Leeward, Welcome to the family. Do you know where the Service Center is? Try calling 415-310-5330. There was 5 white MSs setting at the SC today. They have 20 cars right now. About 17 are being processed for owners to pick them up. 20 cars arrived within the last week. 10-13 were brought up first from the port. Regardless of which boat the arrive via, the cars are passed over to Honolulu Freight Service and flatbedded- up to Waipahu as the Service Center can take them inside. IMO, the DS know a lot of what's happening, but once the car gets here, there's no order for which gets to the Service Center ahead of another. So, your may have been already been is at the SC now. If I were you, I would make a trip out there. The crew out there is generally interested in maintain a person's privacy, so even though they know many of us, they don't mention whose is there. The guys out there are working hard to get those delivered to the owners to make room for more arriving. They won't keep it any longer than necessary. I would not be surprised if you are contacted locally to come get it sooner than that date you mentioned.

Have you seen our checklist/hints regarding our experience with getting your car registered? If you don't see it, browse back to about comment #522 in mid April of this thread.

What's your configuration? We are all interested. You can post it in your signature under your profile settings, and it will display like a lot of us have done already. Glad to have you sharing your experiences with all of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff, Nice, really nice. I bet that's the last time she's going to have straps holding her back.

- - - Updated - - -

nanimac, I was at the SC today. I saw Papafox's sitting there. There's another blue on and it has tan/obeche. Have you talked to anyone there to see if it could be yours?

- - - Updated - - -

HNLDuck, Yes. Bill of Sale is standard requirement. Browse back to mid April in this thread to comment #522 and some other comments in that time frame. We developed some recommended steps based on our experience to help those coming after us. There's very specific documents you need and who you need to get them from to make this work the first time. Also, Barry and Luke have some printed copies of the steps that they will share with you. The tax office does want to see the BoS. The Tax office and the DMV both are very big on that Bill of Lading - the original from the shipper Matson, SeaLand whoever. It shows the date the car arrived and they are really big on when it got here so you pay the use tax. The Mine was a scanned and printed copy and I had to do a song and dance for the DMV to get them to accept mine. They took it because the supervisor said it was acceptable.

Akikiki: Mahalo. I can't find the signature setting under my profile. Does it make a difference that I'm doing this I'm my iPad? No, I don't know where the SC is, other than that it's in Waipahu.

My configuration is: P5002, 40, Pearl White (momi kea), black panoramic roof, black fabric interior, tech package, air suspension, cargo shelf

i'll wait to see if I need to upgrade to 60. I work out of my home so I have no commute and most of my clients have charging stations at their offices.

Aloha Akikiki. I appreciate the warm welcome. It takes the sting out of the frustration of knowing my car is here but that I can't get to it. We've got lots of friends and family in town right now for my godson's graduation and everyone is wanting to see the MS. That's why it was so important to get it by June 6...but it looks like it'll be another 10 days unless something breaks loose. No, I don't know where the SC is but, when I went back to check out the most excellent post circa #522 (mahalo!!!), I saw an address for it in the circa 450 level posts.

I can't figure out how to plug info into my signature (can't find a signature setting under profiles). I'm not too tech-savey, so y'all are going to have to put up with me as I come up to speed. Mahalo!

Mahalo nui everyone for the congratulations! For those of you who are still waiting, the pain of waiting will instantly disappear upon first sight of your car. I know, that's easy for me to say now that I have mine. I feel your pain.
By the way, my vanity plates, that won't arrive for another six months, will read MANA LA (sunpower in Hawaiian).

I think they do.
First song. It's kind of a long story. My neighbor and his wife came out of their house to watch the action and I ended up invited them to go for a ride. She sat shotgun and after a lot banter between the two of them she was able to learn the audio system well enough to call up Drive My Car by the Beatles. Left to my own devices, I probably would have played Long May You Run by Neil Young. A song he wrote long ago about a Continental, that incidentally, he recently converted to electric.

Jeffdhood- I was rather surprised when I saw my grey interior and I realized I'd have to put extra effort into keeping it clean. It's quite an attractive color of leather, though. Do you have any strategies devised for keeping the grey interior looking clean long term? The light color should help keep the seats in these tropical cars of our cool.

Jeff, That's very cool.

- - - Updated - - -

All, I am trying to find someone that will make mats from carpet for the trunk & frunk.
I am thinking cut to match the floor of each and most likely have TELSA and/or Model S embroidered in RED on the mat.
I am trying to find a local auto or marine upholstery shop to do it. I've been talking to Matco behind Cutter Ford about this too.
I don't know pricing, but if we haggle, it might bring the price per down if there's others that are interested. This is not asking you to commit yet, but is anyone else interested? And if so, what colors? I am going with Black.

Jeff, That's very cool.

- - - Updated - - -

All, I am trying to find someone that will make mats from carpet for the trunk & frunk.
I am thinking cut to match the floor of each and most likely have TELSA and/or Model S embroidered in RED on the mat.
I am trying to find a local auto or marine upholstery shop to do it. I've been talking to Matco behind Cutter Ford about this too.
I don't know pricing, but if we haggle, it might bring the price per down if there's others that are interested. This is not asking you to commit yet, but is anyone else interested? And if so, what colors? I am going with Black.

I'd be interested in the trunk mats. Am thinking black or a dark gray would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.