Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tyl for visiting!

dsmith - any possibility that your condo association will move on your charger installation? I long to hear that your problems with these issues have gone away ... :(

they plan on doing electrical upgrades in the parking garage after the solar panel installation is complete. with the electrical upgrades I can piggy back on them and do my installation. so another year...

tonight I went to the movies at Ward. while I was in the movie I noticed that the charge would be done before the movie was done so I set it for max charge. no sense wasting charger time.
when the credits started to roll I checked my phone app. I still had about 20 minutes left before 100% charge so I ended the charge and turned on the AC so I would have a cool car and all my regen available for the drive home.
in the 5 minutes it took me to go from the theater to the garage someone had unplugged me and left the charger plug on the ground next to my car. I looked around for Akikiki playing a bad joke but didn't see anyone watching. the truck next to me was the same one that pulled in the same time I did. the second charger at the theaters was empty and no EVs anywhere else. I reported it to Security.
since the J1772 latches on all the Ward chargers have been "modified" not even the capture pro would have helped.

Seriously, am I the only one who gets unplugged? not only unplugged, but the J1772 laying on the ground next to my car when they do unplug me.

Did my rocket ride in the P85D today :biggrin: test drove a P85+ (with auto pilot hardware) beforehand to compare the difference. The D definitely gripped the road better and felt more solid on takeoff.
image.jpg

Actually kind of scary to have that much power...and crazy fun too of course! Will try to post a video going 0-56'ish in like 2.5 seconds..lol

Did my rocket ride in the P85D today :biggrin: test drove a P85+ (with auto pilot hardware) beforehand to compare the difference. The D definitely gripped the road better and felt more solid on takeoff.
Actually kind of scary to have that much power...and crazy fun too of course! Will try to post a video going 0-56'ish in like 2.5 seconds..lol

I hope you moved out of the handicapped parking stall (reflection) after you took the picture.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should report to the charger owners that the connectors on those J1772 chargers have been modified. We all know that's not the way they are supposed to be.

Modified? How, and why would Ward modify their charger? :confused:

More than likely it was not Ward, but an EV owner that was trying to "fix" the charger so it would work to his advantage. Maybe what dsmith is referring to is they rigged the lock on the handle so it won't lock on a J1772 port.
the chargers at ward are Volta chargers. the modification for those who have not charged at ward, is that the locking latch on those plugs is a metal tab covered by a plastic shield. the plastic shield has been removed or has broken off. I will try to take a picture next time I go there.

I was at Whole foods over at Kahala Mall yesterday and tried to park at the chargers. they were both occupied so I made a loop around to get in a better position to wait (and be able to back into the stall) when I got back a Leif had pulled up and was waiting, the owner of the Leaf in the stall had just arrived. Even when they are not plugged in I get blocked by a Leaf. I figured the ford Fusion owner would be back soon and I had plenty of time so I waited. I was rewarded about 15 minutes later. I backed into the second charging spot and plugged in. no rewarding green light. I checked the charger, it looked normal. unplug, replug. called tesla SC to see if their system could see anything wrong with my car on their system. no errors. they suggested unplugging the leaf (Oh my) to see if it was the charger (a ford had been plugged in and I assumed that they were charging...) I briefly swapped plugs and it was clear that the second charger at Kahala was not working correctly. I toyed with leaving the leaf on the "bad" charger, but put the plugs back the way they were...

the chargers at ward are Volta chargers. the modification for those who have not charged at ward, is that the locking latch on those plugs is a metal tab covered by a plastic shield. the plastic shield has been removed or has broken off. I will try to take a picture next time I go there.
here is a picture of the altered J1772 adapter. see where the plastic cover has been removed.
2014-11-30 17.57.35.jpg

here is a picture of the altered J1772 adapter. see where the plastic cover has been removed.
View attachment 65064

So uncool!

- - - Updated - - -

Did my rocket ride in the P85D today :biggrin: test drove a P85+ (with auto pilot hardware) beforehand to compare the difference. The D definitely gripped the road better and felt more solid on takeoff. View attachment 64773

Very nice. Can't wait to try that one out. How was the Autopilot?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and i was curious if any of you would rent a model s for one day. My wife and i recently went to test drive a model s and we instantly fell DEEPER in love. We're awaiting approval of our new solar system before we buy one but i wanted to surprise my wife and let her drive one for a day as a christmas present. If anyone of you would be generous enough to rent it for a day please let me know. I completely understand that it's kind of far fetched but i figured id give it a shot. My original idea was a toy model of the car but i couldn't find any when i searched online. If any of you know where i can get one please let me know as well. Aloha

I was talking with a Leaf owner the other day after I caught her admiring my car. She was just finishing charging and she says she has been unplugged also. but that's not what I am writing about this time.
she says she always keeps her hatch shut when the charger is not available. old school etiquette says you should leave your charger port open so when the person occupying the charger is done they should plug you in.
She had never even heard about that EV courtesy. it was only after she drove away that I remembered another EV courtesy. if a cute girl is admiring your Tesla you are obliged to take her out to dinner. (I'll remember that next time)

Status
Not open for further replies.