TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hawaii Tesla Showroom

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Oct 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Remember the old saying about "the squeaky wheel"? Everyone here could re-enforce the practicality of public access to destination chargers if each of us would ask the Tesla sales force about charging capabilities. Make sense? Ask a sales rep about charging. It can't hurt.

• Like x 1
  2. drtko147

drtko147 Member

20160524_155754.jpg

• Like x 2
  3. noservice2001

noservice2001 First 75D in the 808, waited 3 years

Was anyone else told Ala Moana could (might) have superchargers?

4. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Haven't heard anything about superchargers, just destination chargers and they're still negotiating about how many. They will be mainly to charge their cars but hopefully they'll have enough to keep at least one open for the public,

5. spleen

spleen Active Member

I've been told superchargers too. I have my doubts.

6. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Some showroom news/rumors...

- Ala Moana store opening end of next month. Hopefully there will be another party!
    - International Marketplace - showroom planned for second level - kalakaua ave side. Center is supposed to open end of August too.

7. Sunflower

Sunflower Member

[​IMG]

8. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Anyone hear anything about the new store opening? Last I heard was that Doug had planned the last party and they hadn't found his replacement yet. If anyone stops by the store or SC, please ask and post any news.

Maybe we can at least get an owners preview.

9. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Well the sign says summer 2016. so it has to be sometime in the next two weeks (before Sept 1), right?;)

10. Myb18c

Myb18c Member

I heard there's gonna be 5 Tesla chargers makai side. Unfortunately not Superchargers.

11. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Don't tease me! :D Do you think they'll be reserved for Teslas only? That would be awesome. The # and quality of the EV stalls at Ala Moana are pathetic.

12. noservice2001

noservice2001 First 75D in the 808, waited 3 years

Just dropped my X to fix its problem, noticed someone's getting a ludocris today

Also asked about Ala Moana, no mentions of a supercharger but the store is pretty much complete just waiting for the state to approve the license, I guess to sell and talk numbers and what not

Attached Files:

13. spleen

spleen Active Member

If they're Tesla HPWCs, then they'll have Tesla plugs and other EVs won't be able to use them so yes, they'll be reserved for Tesla usage. :p Too bad they're not SuperChargers.

14. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Am sure they will be destination chargers so Tesla only :D but they'll be to charge the store cars...hopefully they'll be one or two open for the public..fingers crossed

15. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Actually that's probably the best reason that they'll be Tesla's only. I'm sure the store staff are tired of playing the wait & watch game with the always Leafed Volta chargers.

16. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Confirmed that there are 5 Tesla HPWC stalls behind the location of the new store. You can also see the Tesla roll up door in the wall. See pics attached. Looks like they're almost ready. Maybe there's going to be a dual grand opening event with the new international market place store, since they're opening on Aug 25th (the mall is - don't know about the Tesla store).

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

PS - the cables were all still zip-tied and the lights were off on them, so I guess not ready for use yet.

18. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Tesla has a big sign at the most prominent Kalakaua Avenue facing space in the new International Market Place. Anyone hear when they're due to open that space? I know the mall is opening on August 25th (2 days from now).

19. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

I just received an invitation from Tesla for this Sunday's social at the new Ala Moana showroom. Of course I said YES.

• Like x 1
  20. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I got mine too. See you on Sunday August 28.