Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HDMI interface to the touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct, if you can just crack the signal after the LVDS Rx chip, it would work. FYI that the signal is MIPI2 after the LVDS Rx
Is this a hard thing to do, like is it encrypted or what?
Can it be done using the DS90UB949-Q1 evaluation module?
Can you elaborate?
I am willing to pay for somebody to help me out with this, anyone?
Is there anyone who has more knowledge on this topic and is willing to help me for pay?

Inspired by this thread I've now got a Model Y MCU and center console touch panel on my desk. After a bit of poking and sniffing I seem to be able to read the touch panel data off the I2C bus on the MCU. Scribbled Tesla on it, parsed it out from the I2C bus and graphed it in a google sheet. Not sure what 90% of the data bytes means but I got at least one finger position decoded - just haven't touched up the code to parse out more than one yet. I'd wager some of the data I don't understand is things like finger pressure or maybe the size of the point, idk. Hopefully when I get some of this better written up and some better ways to poke at and visualize the data some other patterns will be apparent in the data stream. The video streams really look hackable too, but need to poke a bit more, draw up some circuits and get boards made to really dive into that. That'll probably take a few weeks but I was really worried the touch data would be indecipherable and that turned out not to be half bad.

Tesla Touch Test.png