Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BUG: Autopilot engaging the HDMI interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. No, when it went dark it was as as switched off. With the difference, that when it came back it has not been a reboot.
2. The MCU was replaced by Tesla in Jan 2020, and I assume it was a 8GB, because at that time Tesls replaced the whole MCU
3. I have had various versions, the car made every update when it was available.

i have now upgraded to MCU 2, and I have not tested it again. Usually I have the HDMI interface switched off
Can you test it with MCU2 please and let me know?

1. No, when it went dark it was as as switched off. With the difference, that when it came back it has not been a reboot.
2. The MCU was replaced by Tesla in Jan 2020, and I assume it was a 8GB, because at that time Tesls replaced the whole MCU
3. I have had various versions, the car made every update when it was available.

i have now upgraded to MCU 2, and I have not tested it again. Usually I have the HDMI interface switched off
Can you please test it now with MCU2 and let me know?

I will unistall the interface. From 5 times I tried to use it, 3 times it did not work at all.
And the 2 times where I could engage the hdmi switch, after 30 min. the screen starts to flicker. I am not sure if this is caused by the USB ipad HDMI interface, the switch, or the MCU. However, my camera works without any problem.
in my eyes it is not wort the effort, and not all the money.

Any solution?
[For future searchers' benefit]: on the "older" S and X's that have the full steering wheel buttons+scroll wheels (not just the scroll like the 3/Y's), you can hold the button below the right scroll wheel and it will also toggle between HDMI or reverse camera. that's what I've been doing if I go into autopilot and it changes the HDMI input. I just hold that button to toggle it back, no big deal.

Reactions: Kristoffer Helle