Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated wheel and rear seats being enabled on SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine activated earlier today while sat at a supercharger, screen went black without warning like it had been rebooted then when it came back I checked and the rear seat and wheel options were there.

no prior warning like you get with a normal ota update

Reactions: badbadger06
Mine activated earlier today while sat at a supercharger, screen went black without warning like it had been rebooted then when it came back I checked and the rear seat and wheel options were there.

no prior warning like you get with a normal ota update
Same happened with mine this afternoon. I was downloading a navigation update and thought that must have caused it, but like you, when the screen came back on I noticed I had heated rear seats and steering wheel! :)

I wouldn't rule out all hope just yet.

I know for a fact that there's a process Tesla can run on a car to try and activate a heated steering wheel, as I got them to try and do it on my car (a 2020 M3P, which has a 2021 heated wheel fitted), which failed due to other incompatible hardware. But they can do it.

Give it time.. if nothing happens in a reasonable period of time (either them remotely enabling it, or giving you the option to pay to unlock it, or whatever) then flag it with them. At the moment they're probably still doing a rollout.

• Informative
Reactions: OnTheEdge
Apparently there’s been a Tesla app update which now offers a “Cold Weather Feature” upgrade, which for qualifying cars includes the heated steering wheel, for the cost of unlocking the rear heated seats.

Perhaps those with a SR+ who got it this year (but before the most recent batch where it’s being given for free) should check it out…

Apparently there’s been a Tesla app update which now offers a “Cold Weather Feature” upgrade, which for qualifying cars includes the heated steering wheel, for the cost of unlocking the rear heated seats.

Perhaps those with a SR+ who got it this year (but before the most recent batch where it’s being given for free) should check it out…
Where is this info from? There is an App update today for iOS, but no option of this pack.

Sorry, didn’t mean to build peoples hopes up. This is the post I was referring to:

Don’t worry, I gave up expecting it long ago.

The kids have put the heated rear seat option on their Santa list. They bug me about it every time it’s freezing on the way to school, would be nice if there was also a Christmas present for the driver!

Reactions: Durzel
I’ve got a June 2021 SR+ and the heated steering wheel and rear seat option has now become available on the app for £275

Attachments

• 5A19B2AC-1550-4BF4-935F-BB40B5C56D15.png
    5A19B2AC-1550-4BF4-935F-BB40B5C56D15.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 65