Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated wheel and rear seats being enabled on SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Q3 SR+ Just suddenly added the heated wheel (I’d paid for the rear seat upgrade in Nov).

Very happy 👍

Attachments

• 6EF6E8F7-02BC-4042-80EA-ADDE44465641.png
    6EF6E8F7-02BC-4042-80EA-ADDE44465641.png
    685.9 KB · Views: 88
I can imagine the response from Jaguar/Land rover if I required rear heated seats and steering wheel post purchase in my previous car, that will be £2000 sir and we will require your car for a week to update the software :)
Although I read an article stating many premium manufacturers (BMW, Audi. JLR etc) we’re also installing this sort of hardware as standard, but not activated. They plan to offer subscriptions for ACC, heated seats etc so you “only pay when you use them”…..more like “we can make each successive 2nd hand purchaser pay again, and again……
Does anyone know if Tesla leave such upgrades “on” if ownership changes?

I can imagine the response from Jaguar/Land rover if I required rear heated seats and steering wheel post purchase in my previous car, that will be £2000 sir and we will require your car for a week to update the software :)
Its either a that (high price) or a "Im sorry but its not possible". they are just not interested since their service centre is to busy with oil changes etc.

As an example. My golf had missed apple CarPlay by one month production and I asked the local dealer for a quote to have the unit changed and their answer was its not possible. I did not argue the case but some dealerships do it and are aware of the procedure (its not hard) or I could of just got a hacked unit for circa £500 which is something that every one in the "community" is aware of.... Sometimes you just dont stand a chance of being able to do things the "right way" :mad: