Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated wheel and rear seats being enabled on SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because in June 2021 SR+ weren’t advertised as coming with a heated steering wheel or rear seats? It was LR/P only. The spec changed recently to include it for all models

Indeed, and we have to bear in mind that this is a transitional period. For many people these features are a bonus whilst Tesla prepares to drop the SR+ title and move to the base car simply being "Model 3".

Because in June 2021 SR+ weren’t advertised as coming with a heated steering wheel or rear seats? It was LR/P only. The spec changed recently to include it for all models
The cars being delivered now were largely ordered at a time when it wasn't advertised in fact the heated steering wheel only really seemed to get listed when they stopped calling it an SR+ and changed it to a just "Model3", so no different to those who ordered 6 months ago

But that said, Tesla always change the spec, if people get things they weren't expecting then they dropped lucky, but there will always be someone who missed the new spec by a day.

From various sources...

On qualifying 2021 SR+ cars - rear heated seats AND heated steering wheel is now £275 (previously £300), is called the "Cold Weather Feature"

On pre-2021 SR+ cars - rear heated seats is now £180 (previously £300)

I guess there's a potential that 2021 LR owners will see it appear automatically, and perhaps SR+ owners who already bought rear heated seats will get it too? Don't know. If you fit into either of those camps then I suggest maybe leaving it a week or so and if nothing happens get in contact with a service centre.

There is a process service centres can go through to activate the heated steering wheel on cars with the requisite hardware - I know this because I tried (and failed) to get it done on my 2020 M3P (with a 2021 wheel fitted), discovering that there's other stuff in the mix that is required that I'm missing. 2021 owners are probably just software locked I'd imagine.

Reactions: Magstauk
but rear heated seats has been in hw there in all variants even in 2018 built models - Tesla just being Tesla i guess

It was always a distinguishing feature between the SR+ and LR to justify the price positioning. It is common for manufacturers to do this kind of thing when it's nearly as cheap to build in a feature for all cars even though it is only activated for a more expensive model. In fact Tesla does much less of this than other brands. And we don't have the range of option "packs" where you have to buy several other options that you don't really need just to buy the individual feature that you want ... at an inflated price.

Nov 2021 S+ the "cold weather feature" is now listed in the app as an included.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-105144_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211203-105144_Tesla.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel and Simonix