TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Heathrow Tesla Service Center / Alloy Gators refusal

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Pug Nuts, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Did your service center install rim protectors for you when asked?

1. Yes, for a fee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, for free

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

100.0%
  1. Pug Nuts

Pug Nuts Member

Happy Monday everyone. My DS called today to schedule our delivery appointment (June 25!); I asked if the SC (Heathrow) could install a set of Alloy Gator rim protectors as well as debadge my car. He said no to both. (We don't do 3rd party accessories and someone's S was damaged in debadging so we don't do it anymore).

I'm a bit confused as I had read other owners' posts on TMC saying the Tesla Service Centers not only sold them Alloy Gators but installed them too (sometimes for free). (Alloy Gators Rim Protection (Pics and info))

Anyone else have similar experiences with UK Service Centers refusing/allowing Alloy Gator installs?

Also, would love a recommendation for a 3rd party shop to install the Alloy Gators around SW London. Thanks all!

2. Pug Nuts

Pug Nuts Member

on the debadging issue, I just realized that Tesla officially does debadge and re-badge cars when people pay to unlock the 60/70/75kwh battery packs, so why couldn't they debadge mine?

3. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Are you planning to have it wrapped? They can de-badge it at that point (I believe the badges would come off anyway, for the wrapping)