Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Hello,

I've been lurking and researching on TMC forums for over 2 months now. We have a RAV4 EV and a 14kW solar system. The Rocklin store just opened and we finally had a chance to test drive a Model S today (thanks to Ian for all his help!). In honor of National Plug-in Day, we pulled the trigger. Ordered and confirmed our Model S (reasons listed):

P85 - definitely a splurge
White Solid - preferred it to the pearl white
Panoramic - more headroom, and in keeping with a >$100k car
19" Aero - wanted the car to stand out a little from all the other ones on the road; theoretical 8 extra miles of range
Black Nappa - didn't really like the tan or gray colors and have always preferred black interiors in our cars; didn't like the look of the sport seats
Extended Leather - in keeping with a >$100k car
Carbon Fiber with Matching Yacht - didn't like piano black or the wood trims; seemed sportier
Alcantara Headliner - in keeping with a >$100k car
Spoiler - splurge
Tech - wanted the GPS, power liftgate, running lights etc.,
Air Suspension - avoid damaging car
Parking Sensors - avoid damaging car
Fog Lamps - splurge; but there is quite a bit of fog on the causeway in the winter
Studio Sound - in keeping with a >$100k car
Premium Lighting - our kid drops stuff on the floor all the time, need to be able to see the floor at night
Rear Seats - 2 year old kid, so perfect age to make use of it
Subzero Package - a bit of a splurge, but rear seat heaters also seem to be in keeping with a >$100k car

Estimated delivery late November.

Thanks everyone! I actually finalized/confirmed right after placing the order (skipping the 2 week wait period). My config has been set and unchanged for the last several weeks (in my mind at least) so there was really nothing else to mull over.

How many posts do I have to make before I can have a signature on this forum?

Yes: Time will be suspended for the next few weeks as you reconsider and THEN finalize.

My config is listed at beginning of this thread (sorry, can't do a signature until 6 posts apparently) but it's basically P85 with 19" aero and all options except for twin chargers, parcel shelf, and paint armor.

Depends. I confirmed on 09/24 and don't have a VIN yet. But at least one other person who did confirm on 09/24 has gotten one. I think its all coming down to configuration since they tend to batch the cars together. What's your config?

My config is listed at beginning of this thread (sorry, can't do a signature until 6 posts apparently) but it's basically P85 with 19" aero and all options except for twin chargers, parcel shelf, and paint armor.

That's what I get for not looking back at the beginning. :)

Given that Ps are currently supposed to be 1 month I'd imagine you'd hear sooner rather than later but there are a whole lot of recent P converts in the November / Late November batch now. :) Telsa definitely isn't in the end of quarter rush where they were assigning VINs within hours of order confirmation.