Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello, my name is Ray, and I'm a Teslaholic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BluestarE3

Apr 2, 2016
Norcal
There, I've said it! After lurking in these forums for some time and secretly craving for a Tesla, I finally worked up the courage and stood in line this past Thursday in solidarity with hundreds of others at the Corte Madera store (and with a quarter million worldwide) and put down my deposit to reserve a Model 3. Now that I'm committed, I've decided to come out of the shadows and actively participate in these forums so that I can get help and support for my affliction from other Teslaholics here. In time, I hope to be able to give back to this community and, in turn, offer solace and comfort to other sufferers who come this way.

There, I've said it! After lurking in these forums for some time and secretly craving for a Tesla, I finally worked up the courage and stood in line this past Thursday in solidarity with hundreds of others at the Corte Madera store (and with a quarter million worldwide) and put down my deposit to reserve a Model 3. Now that I'm committed, I've decided to come out of the shadows and actively participate in these forums so that I can get help and support for my affliction from other Teslaholics here. In time, I hope to be able to give back to this community and, in turn, offer solace and comfort to other sufferers who come this way.
Hi Ray

Hi Ray, you're not alone!! I can't count the number of times I've had to restrain myself from impulsively ordering a Model S. I've spent the equivalent of a Model 3 reservation on crazy Model S raffles and ended up empty handed. At one point I had to un-follow all Tesla related Twitter feeds, remove my desktop background, etc.. I found that it is not healthy for me to obsess about something I cannot afford. Would still love to get a MS but I suppose I'm stuck with the 2000 Honda Accord until we start seeing some Model 3 deliveries. I booked mine later in the day on Thursday and I'm on the East Coast so I'm guessing best case scenario is late 2018.

Welcome, Ray. Try not to test drive one. It only makes things worse. Best to put head in sand and wait. But don't worry, if you look around, you'll see other eyes and heads looking at you too. So your not alone in the sand.

btw, I went and saw the line at Corte Madera! Good on you for sticking with it!

• Funny
Reactions: Discoducky
Hi Ray. While I would like to welcome you to the forums, I have to also acknowledge that by welcoming you to the forums, I am feeding my own addiction, which reached a feverish state a few weeks ago when I finally bought my first Tesla. I've been a little too active here lately. Maybe I should just go for a drive. Well, anyway, welcome to the forums. Addiction fed...unless I can resist pressing the Post Reply button...ah heck...click