Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP: CPO 85 or New 75D?

CPO 85 or New 75D?

• CPO 85

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • New 75D

Votes: 48 85.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you lose SAS, Subzero, and $10,500 from your checking account and gain 25,000 miles and a bit of range. And the car is a bit closer, but still $2000 delivery.

MSRP on that build was $100,000 so even with no tax credit it's a nice discount. It's been available for 2 months but price was reduced $1700 so it might generate some interest.

You will likely make up a good part of the price difference when you sell it.

So I guess I would take it over your 85D. Probably will have fewer problems too.

Reactions: carter_seattle
Cars with substantial body damage don't get listed on the public site. It might have needed a hood or a bumper, but nothing more to still be listed as a public CPO. Those are visible only to the CPO advisers so they can let you know what happened before you put a deposit down.

Reactions: KJD
Nope. Thought hard about it, but I just didn't want to go higher than $70k. The 85D is going to feel like a palace compared to my Leaf, figured I should be happy with a vehicle that by all accounts can navigate the Supercharger network as it is currently constructed.

Reactions: KJD
Yup, saw it when it came in. Barring an issue with the vehicle that would cause me to refuse delivery, I think I'm set with the car I've ordered. But it's fun to look :)

I should be set with my car for a while but if they offer $40,000 off on a P100D I'll be all over it. :D So I keep looking.

I can now say that the All-Season Goodyear Touring is a marginal tire for snow and cold. You probably have a different tire but with similar tread. Wish I had the Nokian WRG3. Winter-rated but works well at 80°.

Be happy you have the 85D. The last couple days I've gotten 0.6 miles actual per mile of estimated range. Cold sucks.

Just getting some experience with this today.

This week I had a long commute, one in which I would show up to work with 20% SOC (battery state of charge) in my 60D (charged to 100% the night before), and right now I have a loaner while it's in for service, and this P85D loaner at 100% SOC leaving home left me with 50% SOC at work. I then decided to drive it for a huge distance to a very far away place, and back again, and I realized that the whole time, I had WAY more battery level left than in my 60. 85 / 60 = 1.41, so 41% more than the 60. That works out to a huge amount, though, in terms of distance: it literally breaks through most of the problems I have with running out of charge during trips or commutes that exceed the capacity of the 60. I think the reason it does this is that it breaks through the maximum amount of time any person can sit in a car without getting cramped up, thus most commutes and long distance drives as well as SuperCharger spacings are designed to fall under those cramping up time periods, whereas the 60 battery will run out of charge before you even cramp up, meaning it will often run out of battery within normal traveling distances.

If anyone does have the money to get at least an 85 as opposed to a 60 and like me goes on a lot of long distance drives and commutes, trying to save money by getting a cheaper battery is most likely a horrible idea. I get home hours later often when faced with empty battery conditions. Of course, in my case, that wasn't a consideration, as I simply didn't have the money at the time. (That's why I'd rather have a healthier battery changing marketplace, unlike what Tesla wants (who would rather you trade your car in); I asked them the trade in value of my car, and it was already $20,000 less than the purchase price, so that's a ridiculous notion from Tesla.)

The silver 85D is already gone. A red one just popped up. $64.5K. If you see one you like, grab it. The good ones don't last long.

Model S 85D 5YJSA1H28FF098027 | Tesla

I wonder who picked this one?
Anyone know if new owner on this board?
The back passenger seats only used 4 times to give friends initial test ride.
Always in the garage except on trips.