Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Downgrade "Old Price" S70 to S60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a pre-price increase Model 70 RWD on order for delivery in September, list price was $70,000 before options, tax credit and destination fees. My DS informed me that I could essentially 'downgrade' to the S60 by paying the $500 change fee, since my car isn't yet in production. So, my net savings would be $3500, since the list of the S60 is $66,000. Thoughts on saving the $3500 (or using it to get more options) vs. keeping the order as it is? Thanks for your opinions.

If you don’t feel that the added benefit of the 70 battery is currently worthwhile based on your driving habits/needs, then going with a 60 with extra options for the same money makes sense to me. Besides, you can always still upgrade the car (battery) to a 75 later on if you choose.

I don't see why not. $3500 is a few cool of options, or money in your pocket!
As mentioned above, if the small-ish range difference is not a problem, do it. And, yes, you will be able to have them enable the full 75kWh after purchase.

It's a tough question because no matter what you're getting the 75KWh battery. Both options have there appeal.

My recommendation would be to get the 60D.

Because you'll gain efficiency, and the all-wheel drive is awesome in the rain. With FL you have flooding, and with CT you have blizzards.