Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! How do I pay for my Tesla in Germany?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will say so far, buying a Tesla as an American in Germany has been a struggle. I have delivery set for a few days out Right before the end of the quarter) and I'm trying to pay for my MX, but Tesla says it does not take a bank cashiers check only a bank transfer. Normally this would be fine, but as an American military individual, I am able to purchase the car without Value Added Tax (MwSt.) and I have to get certain forms signed and go through bureaucratic hoops. However, the US VAT office has to sign off on the checks to the vendor. So I have Tesla saying no check and the American VAT office saying only with a check. Tesla, take my money!

One possible option that my adviser told me was maybe my bank can make a check out to Tesla Motor GmbH and take it to their bank (Citibank) and deposit the check into their account. Is it possible for me to deposit money into their account without any signatures from Tesla? So confusing.

Any thoughts or options would be greatly appreciated.