Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Just rubbed paint on my bumper!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at Costco loading a large item and then swung the flat bed cart around and dinged my bumper with it. Any special product or household item to get the paint off? I don't think I dented the bumper or scratched it badly, just need the orange paint off. Thanks!
20170605_153118-1.jpg

I use bug and tar remover. Don't rub too hard, multiple gentle attempts is safer.

Edit: I would use a microfiber towel and rub left to right to minimize the appearance of any scratches you may cause.

Last edited:
you can also try nail polish remover if you have that around, dont rub too heavily and make sure to clean off the area after as this stuff is more aggressive.

the ultimate compound will not really work on something like that.

a clay bar would do great as well if you have that.

A simple wipe down with some paint thinner on a microfiber will take that off with no elbow grease ( same with paint transfer from another car rubbing yours). Literally one or two wipes. Seen it done and works like magic. If you don't have paint thinner, your friendly neighborhood crash repair shop may be kind enough to dampen a microfiber for you to use. Really, VERY simple,