Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Me Decide Between Long Range and Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's a really sound argument can't argue with it lol. However I don't have to convince my wife or ask permission to buy the car I want. I buy what I want and she can only ride passenger seat 😁 She hasn't even touched the steering wheel in my camaro.

But that accident damn... Another point for Tesla being built like a tank.
Interesting point...if it had been built like a tank (or just a normal car) it is possible that everyone in the Nissan as well as the Tesla driver might be dead. By tearing apart as designed, the car didn’t have to absorb the massive amount of energy the Nissan could have expended...and of course the Nissan would have gone from 100+ to 0 pretty quickly with the engine likely in the passenger compartment...instead the Nissan tore through the Tesla, trees in the median, and came to a stop a block away...you can see it way in the background of the Tesla picture. Someone walked around the scene and did a long video right after the crash...the video can be found by google. Eerily one peek into the Tesla shows the screen flashing warnings still In that video.

Reactions: NinjaFoot
Can someone explain where people are getting the, "i bought tbe acceleration boost for my M3P" from?

Is there actually an acceleration boost to beat the 0-60 states time of 3.1 in the newer M3P?
It is for the LR AWD to get it .5 second 0-60 faster iirc. Think the only reason my stealth can achieve slightly better than the 3.1 is tires...but only difference being .1 second (so not noticeable)

Reactions: NinjaFoot
Anyway, later in 2018 Tesla made the PuP standard on the P.... it became the only version you could get.... (and did so without raising the price). Anybody who had already bought one before that got the option for a $5000 refund, if they were willing to give up the lifetime supercharging that also came with the P originally.
Interestingly, I ordered my M3P with PuP during the lifetime supercharger promotion. In the months between placing the order and taking delivery, Tesla rolled the package into the cost, but honored both the lifetime supercharging and 5k price reduction. Probably a combination of luck and good will.

So today I checked tesla's website and I am assigned a VIN for LR I ordered and delivery date window is now may 1 - may 7. I guess I am going to suck it up and stick with LR 🤷‍♂️ At least it will be easier to find an upgrade over LR than P in the future since it is hard to beat M3P's value.
That's exciting, the LR is quite the car and you should enjoy it. It's kind of crazy how much the delivery window has been closed, compared to buying these cars in 2018. From months with little detail, to a few weeks. Grats and enjoy!

I can't wait to see it. Please keep me posted!
Damn this thread went far since the last time I checked in haha.

As promised. These Titan 7s are gorgeous 🤤

Image.jpeg

Image.jpeg
Image.jpeg

Image.jpeg

Danny

Last edited:
I am 29 years old. Right now I feel like it is better for me to keep that $10k in my savings rather than stretching my budget out for something that's a "want" not a "need."

Funny thing, I chose the P specifically because it's a "want" car and not a need. I don't really need this car at all, we've been a a single-car household for over a decade now, and this will be an additional car. I've always wanted a Tesla, and my M3P is my "reward" for losing over 50 pounds over the last year and improving my health.

If I was buying a car to mostly to get from A to B for work and errands around town, I'd have bought an SR+ (or quite frankly, a Chevy Bolt). But this is my new toy, and that warranted the Performance :). Granted, at your age, I would never have been able to afford a Tesla anyways, so that would have been a moot point. Add another decade and half, and the P is within reach.

Now if Elon could only build it and ship it to me ASAP!

They are beautiful! Are they 19x9.5 35? Do they sit flush to fender or still need some spacers to make them look flush.
They're 19x9 +35.
Sits pretty good on a non-performance (5mm wider).

There's also a 19x9.5 +35 version but only in Machine Black or Satin Titanium

Danny

I’d give nearly anything to get my 1982 4X4 long bed pickup back. It had the bullet proof, albeit completely gutless, 22R engine in it. But man, did I love that truck. Utah roads eventually rusted it out from under me.

I plan on keeping my stealth Model 3 until the same thing happens.
My truck is starting to rust out along the weld lines on the bed too. I might see if I can find a clean replacement bed somewhere - I hate to get rid of it. I finally did have a new rebuilt engine put into it at 410,000 miles (it has almost 420,000 now).

Reactions: Phlier
Funny thing, I chose the P specifically because it's a "want" car and not a need. I don't really need this car at all, we've been a a single-car household for over a decade now, and this will be an additional car. I've always wanted a Tesla, and my M3P is my "reward" for losing over 50 pounds over the last year and improving my health.

If I was buying a car to mostly to get from A to B for work and errands around town, I'd have bought an SR+ (or quite frankly, a Chevy Bolt). But this is my new toy, and that warranted the Performance :). Granted, at your age, I would never have been able to afford a Tesla anyways, so that would have been a moot point. Add another decade and half, and the P is within reach.

Now if Elon could only build it and ship it to me ASAP!
Exactly...total WANT car! Nobody NEEDS the performance of a P except perhaps a getaway driver! Having said all that I think my next car will be the Tesla with the longest range I can afford. Perhaps a Model S Plaid? I would love to visit some places that for my P are 'just' out of reach but well within a 500+ mile range vehicle. An Ultra LR 3 would be my ideal though!!

Reactions: BetterSlowDown