Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me decide - to wrap or not to wrap?

Should I wrap my model S ?

• NO - its not going to impact resale value. Build character!

• Meh - if you have the money do it - its not a must .

• Yes - Frunk/front only wrap , should cover most of the damage

• YESSS - Wrap the whole damn thing!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've personally had great experiences with wrap, however I do recommend spending the extra cash by having it done at a reputable shop. Wrap is great in regards to protecting your paint, especially a clear bra on your front bumper, but I feel it's worth it to pay extra and avoid unwanted complications such as peeling and bubbles.

Reactions: joebiker25
Just to clarify my "no wrap" recommendation:
This is just for strictly financial reasons. If you're not pressed for cash, wrapping can make the car easier to clean and look very nice (if professionally done).

Reactions: Ulmo
Don't wrap.
When you are searching for used cars things like model year, mileage, spec matter much more than a few rock chips.
Eg. would you rather 2014 model with no chips or 2015 model with chips
AP1 with no chips, AP2 with chips.
90D with chips, 70D no chips.
Save the money for your next trade-in.
I'm wrapping mine for the looks. Not for the protection. Unless you know someone that can spray paint carbon fiber.

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Don't wrap.
When you are searching for used cars things like model year, mileage, spec matter much more than a few rock chips.
Eg. would you rather 2014 model with no chips or 2015 model with chips
AP1 with no chips, AP2 with chips.
90D with chips, 70D no chips.
Save the money for your next trade-in.
I hope you're right. This is the path I'm taking.

In 1 - 7 years, I hope to trade up to a Model X 130D with Blue, Towing, Premium and Sound, or a used Faraday Future FF91 (at least 50% depreciation, hopefully), or a Lucid. I'm not sure Mercedes or any other car maker will be modern enough at that point with anything electric.

Seems like gold plating an IPhone. In just a couple of years it will be an outdated commodity item, the new model will have more bells and whistles and be the hot item. No one will care if it is gold plated if it can't run the latest features. And like an Iphone the battery life left impacts the value. Would have wrapping an S40 resulted in increased value today? Maybe in 25 years when they are collector cars.