Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help me out here folks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so jaredm25 is the 1st and only I've ever heard of it happening to. The second link is a different scenario, that's Tesla removing it when you trade it in to them...

Either way, you wouldn't take a chance buying from a 3rd party because you heard there is a chance that it may be removed, fine. It's still worth letting others that are buying used know that there is only 1 known case that it has ever happened, people can make the decision themselves...

Quoting Tesla's response from outside thread-

"Thank you for contacting Tesla! My records indicate that you purchased this vehicle from a third-party seller. Unfortunately as of April 23rd, 2019, all Tesla vehicles purchased at third-party dealers/vendors will lose their unlimited Supercharging statuses. There may have been a slight delay in some credits disappearing as our systems had to implement the change fleet-wide. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Seems pretty clear cut that they plan on implementing this to me.

"Thank you for contacting Tesla! My records indicate that you purchased this vehicle from a third-party seller. Unfortunately as of April 23rd, 2019, all Tesla vehicles purchased at third-party dealers/vendors will lose their unlimited Supercharging statuses. There may have been a slight delay in some credits disappearing as our systems had to implement the change fleet-wide. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Thanks for the clarification.

Definitely after my most recent purchase, so that definitely explains the inconsistencies in experiences.. They need to somehow make it clear to purchasers, although I think they have always had similar wording just never followed through with removing it until April apparently.
Typical Tesla confusion / changes...

I didn't know all third party car's had FUSC removed...Seems like a dummy move. Does Tesla not expect their cars to end up at a Nissan dealer?! lol..

That should be told to all people who purchase third party (not that I expect ALL dealers to be super Educated on Tesla).

The car in question is a late 2016 P100D.

As far as I recall, that's after Tesla stopped offering free lifetime supercharging on the S the first time, but before they brought it back as a purchase perk for NEW vehicles.

So, it's just stuck in the middle. And the chances of them retroactively giving that car free supercharging is 0%, because why would they? You're not buying it from them, so there's no new revenue for Tesla.

Right?

I believe the "used" X from tesla came with free supercharging AS LONG AS YOU own the vehicle
Initially it was for the 90kw batteries (During the time I was looking for a X: October-November 2019
From November-ish 2019 up until last week or so, all of the X came with free supercharging (once again, only for as long as you own the car) It did not mention transferable.