Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP!! Model S P90DL and Co-Driver Needed for One Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beginning this Friday can you (or someone you know) free yourself up for 9 days and put your Model S to the ultimate driving dynamics test by competing in the 33rd Brock Yates' One Lap of America?

I'm in a bind to say the least. I have an entry in this years' One Lap of America for a Model S P90D and my long-time friend and co-driver had to back out for work-related reasons. I'm stuck with no car and no co-driver. I know this is very last minute because you and your car would have to be in South Bend, Indiana by noontime on Friday -- that's exactly 48 hours from now.

screen-shot-2016-04-27-at-11-37-22-am-png.174152

The 2016 One Lap of America is a street-legal endurance motorsports competition that spans 9 days, includes 17 time trials on 8 racetracks, and covers 3,000 over-the-road miles. The One Lap of America is an entire race series crammed into one week and interwoven with the ultimate epic road trip. Teams spend all day at the track, drive all night to the next race venue, and repeat for more than a week. One Lap of America is like the Tour de France of motorsports and it has never been done in an EV!

Can we be co-drivers for the event? If you enjoy a challenge, long road trips, are interested in motorsports or always wanted to do the One Lap of America -- this could be the year! You would be making history by demonstrating that the Tesla Model S is undeniably a premium performance automobile and today’s Supercharger infrastructure can support even the most insanely demanding road trip.

I have competed in the One Lap of America for many years since 2000 and have the experience to make a Tesla successful in the event. I have planned out the trip using the supercharger stations and there is no need for any range anxiety. This is doable and with your help we can do it!

Here's the deal:
I would supply the entry fee ($3,000) and the cost of tires for the event ($2,000).
You would supply your car (3,000 miles at $.25 per miles equals $750).
We would split driving over-the-road and possibly at the tracks too (if you have appropriate racing credentials).
We could agree to split lodging or any other expenses as they arise.

If the One Lap of America is appealing to your senses, I'm betting your car is already appropriately optioned for the task:
Model S P90D
Ludicrous Mode
Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
21" Wheels (straight not staggered)
Spoiler
Full-size spare wheel

I'm sure there are questions. If you or someone you know are interested, let's get the dialogue started here.