Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help. Placed order and I'M TOO EXCITED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery estimate is Early November - End of November and I can't wait!!!

What can I do to pass the time?!
How do I stop reading every new Model 3 post on this forum?!
How do I stop looking at my reservation even though there's literally no change to expect?!
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE FOR THE NEXT MONTH!!!!

Anyways, yeah, I'm jus excited and can't wait to get my car.

How did you guys get through the wait from placing order to getting VIN to getting delivery?

I have no sympathy - You have it easy!!! I had to wait over 2 years for mine - from March31, 2016 to June 12, 2018!

JK - Congratulations, you'll love the car.

I have no sympathy - You have it easy!!! I had to wait over 2 years for mine - from March31, 2016 to June 12, 2018!

JK - Congratulations, you'll love the car.
Thanks!

I actually had an original M3 pre-order too but ultimately got it refunded since I wasn't quite where I wanted to be financially when the time for delivery came.

Now I just can't wait!!!

Each day since I ordered has gone by so slow.

Gagan and Sisko99--
I feel the excitement and the impatience that both of you feel. I got my M3 three weeks ago and I was in la-la land waiting for 'her' to arrive. As some others have said, I read the owners manual a few times, watched YouTube videos on Tesla, read 3 books on Nikola Tesla and told everyone that I had just ordered a Tesla. Since doing so I have looked down my nose at ICE cars.

My Red Beauty is wonderful, all that I expected and much more. I ordered the floor mats and lug nut cover kit from Tesla before the car arrived.
Actually, I just got the paperwork from CA today, so I can go pay the sales tax (5.5% in ME) and excise tax tomorrow--Friday.

I also had PPF and ceramic coating put on and she is so shiny and gleams like magic.

The entire buying & delivery & driving experiences for me have been flawless and hassle free. Enjoy your new baby! :D

Congratulations! Make sure you take one of the online inspection check lists with you so if you find any issues get them to deal with them before you accept the car. Or flat out reject it if you are not happy there are always more cars.

I also felt this excitement with my partner as we ordered and went to pickup the model 3 with 2 extra friends with cameras to film for my channel. Understand we just had a nightmare trip with a Kia Eniro in France due to charging failures 2 month prior and we worked harder to get what we thought was a better purchase in the 3. What we were presented with was not only the most fault ridden car I have accepted on day 1 ( yes that is on me but I was told quick fixes by the rep ) but many months of a rather worrying example of time to fix and poor organisation by Tesla SC and Ranger remedies. 5000 miles all glass panels warping and the car was not wearing very well at all things were going wrong. 11 months later I got a full refund. This probably could have been avoided if I had not taken Telsa's advice and rejected. I expect I would have waited for the next order and still be driving the 3.

I hope you have a better experience than me but take this advice and do not be afraid to reject for another day something that is an important purchase for most and lets not forget a good model 3 is the best drive I ever had or erm would have had.

Congratulations! Make sure you take one of the online inspection check lists with you so if you find any issues get them to deal with them before you accept the car. Or flat out reject it if you are not happy there are always more cars.

I also felt this excitement with my partner as we ordered and went to pickup the model 3 with 2 extra friends with cameras to film for my channel. Understand we just had a nightmare trip with a Kia Eniro in France due to charging failures 2 month prior and we worked harder to get what we thought was a better purchase in the 3. What we were presented with was not only the most fault ridden car I have accepted on day 1 ( yes that is on me but I was told quick fixes by the rep ) but many months of a rather worrying example of time to fix and poor organisation by Tesla SC and Ranger remedies. 5000 miles all glass panels warping and the car was not wearing very well at all things were going wrong. 11 months later I got a full refund. This probably could have been avoided if I had not taken Telsa's advice and rejected. I expect I would have waited for the next order and still be driving the 3.

I hope you have a better experience than me but take this advice and do not be afraid to reject for another day something that is an important purchase for most and lets not forget a good model 3 is the best drive I ever had or erm would have had.

I really hope I get a good one when I go to pick it up. Don't want to wait any longer than I have to.

I'll make sure to take a checklist with me though!

Are there any particular checklists you would recommend? Or are they pretty much all the same?

Got a text out of the blue from Tesla today telling me no update yet... Had a moment of excitement but ugh, nothing yet...

Screenshot_20201104-100533.png

I sent an email a few days ago to my SA to see if he had any inside info. He called me back over the weekend and told me...no he didn’t, but that he felt pretty certain I would be close to the start of my window since I had all my paperwork done (except for insurance of course...no VIN).

Here’s hoping!

Hey @Sisko99, glad to see you're so excited to get your car! We know that feeling. :)

Just a heads up... Tesla isn't known for having the best purchasing experience. In fact, it can vary anywhere between "it was ok" to "oh wow, never again." In our case, it sucked. Bad.

But the car itself has more than made up for a couple of weeks of trauma. And then some.

The whole delivery/purchasing experience is just a short bad memory, while the car itself has been 16 months of owning the best car I've ever had.

So even if your purchasing experience isn't the best, don't let it taint your outlook on owning (and enjoying!) your new Tesla. :)

We have enjoyed our car so much that we will willingly go through the awful purchasing experience again. Hopefully by that time, Tesla will have upped its customer service experience game.

Keep us posted! : )

Hey @Sisko99, glad to see you're so excited to get your car! We know that feeling. :)

Just a heads up... Tesla isn't known for having the best purchasing experience. In fact, it can vary anywhere between "it was ok" to "oh wow, never again." In our case, it sucked. Bad.

But the car itself has more than made up for a couple of weeks of trauma. And then some.

The whole delivery/purchasing experience is just a short bad memory, while the car itself has been 16 months of owning the best car I've ever had.

So even if your purchasing experience isn't the best, don't let it taint your outlook on owning (and enjoying!) your new Tesla. :)

We have enjoyed our car so much that we will willingly go through the awful purchasing experience again. Hopefully by that time, Tesla will have upped its customer service experience game.

Keep us posted! : )

Phlier....I've read that quite a bit. Looking forward to taking delivery though. Drove Electric cars back in college and I always enjoyed the acceleration. I'll probably be spending several weeks afterward just finding reasons to accelerate. lol

Reactions: Phlier
Let us know when you get your VIN soon. I wasn’t far behind you, so I’m hoping if you get your’s that mine won’t be far behind.

Where did you see about the guy in Orange County?
He posted in the SR/ SR+ thread on this forum.

I'm kinda skeptical though since it was his first post and he hasn't responded to anyone after saying he received a VIN.

Let's see though... I'll definitely post and let y'all know when I get mine!