Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help, Summon Standby is Emptying Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm that summon standby shuts off below 20% battery. Drain have decreased to about 1kwh a day from 5kwh a day. I should arrive with 17% left and have enough to get to the charger. At least there is this fail safe...

I hope tesla would implement some geo fencing or at least remote access to this.

Reactions: Big Earl
Here's a wrinkle. After the October update, our car was losing a mile of range/charge every hour. Turned off the standby mode but left the summon beta on. Car returned to prior loss rate of about 1-2 miles every 15 hours. In addition, we could walk up to the car and use the key fob to summon the car forward or reverse. However, after the most recent update, the car is now losing about a mile of range/charge every hour even though the standby is turned off. In addition, the car will not longer respond to a summon request via the key fob unless standby is turned on. And the only way to reduce the loss rate to 1-2 miles every 15 hours is to turn off summon entirely. Is anyone else experiencing this or other changes after the most recent update?

I spoke with a couple at the Seabrook, NH Supercharger who asked about phantom drain in their Model 3. They live in Boston with no home charging and were seeing significantly overnight drain. I showed them how to turn off Summon Standby ... hopefully that results in a good improvement for them.

Here's a wrinkle. After the October update, our car was losing a mile of range/charge every hour. Turned off the standby mode but left the summon beta on. Car returned to prior loss rate of about 1-2 miles every 15 hours. In addition, we could walk up to the car and use the key fob to summon the car forward or reverse. However, after the most recent update, the car is now losing about a mile of range/charge every hour even though the standby is turned off. In addition, the car will not longer respond to a summon request via the key fob unless standby is turned on. And the only way to reduce the loss rate to 1-2 miles every 15 hours is to turn off summon entirely. Is anyone else experiencing this or other changes after the most recent update?

Update: The situation has stabilized. Have only had two nights where we lost more than 1-2 miles of charge over 12-15 hours. And the summon works properly. Go figure.