TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Help - supercharging evidence required

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Grumpyyoungguy, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Grumpyyoungguy

Hi

Short story
    I need someone with a 60kw pack model S to screenshot their Tesla account showing they have free unlimited supercharging....

Long story
    I purchase my S60 in early April 2019, from a non Tesla dealer, it was sold with unlimited supercharging and I am the 2nd owner.
    When I looked in my account it shows 400kwh and counting down.
    I was under the impression with a 60kwh pack when purchasing new there were 2 options:

1) the car didn’t have a fee supercharging and didn’t have access to the supercharging network
    2) There was a approx £2,500 fee for unlimited supercharging.

Tesla are saying that’s incorrect, here’s what they say:
    1) the car didn’t have a fee supercharging and didn’t have access to the supercharging network
    2) There was a approx £2,500 fee for access to the supercharger network, this included 400kwh annually.

I asked them if I was able to prove that wasn’t the case by showing someone with a 60 pack had ultd supercharging they would reconsider - they said yes (I’m doubting this but hey)

Please help

2. RDoc

RDoc S85D

You might want to use The Wayback Machine to get the Tesla pages specifying exactly what was available when your car was purchased. AFAIK the 400kwh annually construct only existed after 2017.

3. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Member

#3 PWlakewood, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    If it was an added option on a 60 then its 400 per year. If it was an 85 it has unlimited. That's what I was told by tesla anyways. Not sure if I believe them so I just submitted this question to them.

4. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Member

Tried but cant seem to find it

5. richrootes

richrootes Member

B2D53112-FA9E-4B21-85D7-39DE14FC37D2.png
    Your first 1 and 2 are correct

6. jaredm25

jaredm25 Member

Supercharging
    That page from December 2016 makes it pretty clear. It is true that the 400kwh did not exist until models ordered after Jan. 15, 2017.
    Supercharging
    Prior to that you either had FUSC or you didn't have supercharging at all.
    Lately Tesla doesn't seem to know or care about the pre-2017 terms, I and others have documented loss of FUSC on these vehicles so I wish you luck.

7. Grumpyyoungguy

Hi Richard

Is it possible to send me a screenshot privately of your VIN and the free unlimited supercharging statement together?
    I know it’s ridiculous but that’s what they have asked for.

My email is [email protected]
    Many thanks
    Phil

8. richrootes

richrootes Member

Hi Phil

Anything for a fellow Brit......

Cheers

• Helpful x 1
  9. Grumpyyoungguy

So I called them again today, a lot of backward and forward but got a really helpful guy who understood.

He said that it was possible to have unlimited supercharging which didn’t transfer to the next owner in some cases if the free supercharging was from a referral code and not a paid option on the 60kwh.

Anyways he said he would look into it and this afternoon I checked my account and voila :)
    Let’s hope it stays....
    F2A30A23-A302-46DA-B8D9-716993197D44.jpeg

10. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

Persistence pays off!

• Like x 1