Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Blackvue install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
I mounted the cam and am trying to fish the power cable thru the microphone grate over to behind the mirror. I've seen videos and everyone makes it seem easy but I can't get the wire to go anywhere. Do I need to pull the top dash off?

I struggled a little also as it is very tight in there. I was able to get it through from the middle (coming from the back of the opening) towards the driver side as you move towards the windshield. I used a small wire fish to get it through....so keep trying. It helps to use a trim pry bar to full down the headliner near the windshield also.

If you can remove the visor stay it looks like it would be much easier...but I found that rivet behind the little cover impossible to get out...so I did it with out removing the visor stay...which added to the challenge

I struggled a little also as it is very tight in there. I was able to get it through from the middle (coming from the back of the opening) towards the driver side as you move towards the windshield. I used a small wire fish to get it through....so keep trying. It helps to use a trim pry bar to full down the headliner near the windshield also.

If you can remove the visor stay it looks like it would be much easier...but I found that rivet behind the little cover impossible to get out...so I did it with out removing the visor stay...which added to the challenge

Got it to go. However i broke the piece on the back windshield right side. One of the blue clips got chipped not it won't sit flush

I mounted the cam and am trying to fish the power cable thru the microphone grate over to behind the mirror. I've seen videos and everyone makes it seem easy but I can't get the wire to go anywhere. Do I need to pull the top dash off?

I think the OP was asking about the very short route. I don’t see a need to lower the headliner or sun visors. It does help to remove the rear view mirror and the trim around the mirror. Then everything is easy. Some of the other blackvue install threads show how to do this. If you can’t find them, I can summarize...

I have an AP1 car. Not sure how all that trim works for AP2 cars.