Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Performing Diagnostics SP90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone able to help with performing diagnostics on SP90D?
Local SC are no help as it's a salvage car.

Have OBD2 adapter cable connected and using TM-spy on IOS but need proper diagnostics carried out to find problem.

Car will not drive/charge
Error messages:
Car needs service - Unable to start car
Power reduced - Vehicles systems shutting down
Unable to drive - Voltage supply too low

12v drains as nothing coming from DC converter, front or rear HVJB. Opened rear HVJB and checked fuses, all ok.
HV battery still holding charge at 107 miles and has held this for over a month.

I’ve come to the assumption recently it’s internally in the battery.

I closed the pressure sensors on the rear HVJB so the car believed the lid was back on. There was no power coming in from the battery via the HV cables to the rear HVJB.

Without diagnostics being performed it’s very hard to pin point the exact problem.

Have you asked Rich Rebuilds? The guy on YouTube who builds Tesla Model S's from salvaged cars.

He has a garage in the US, i'm sure they might help via email, you might need to pay them though. His garage is basically an unoficial Tesla repair garage.

TESLA ELECTRIC VEHICLE SERVICES

I have been on here but haven't contacted them yet. Still determined to try solve the issue by myself which will be much more satisfying (while also saving myself money). But when I am completely beaten and can't do anymore then I will turn to these guys for help

I have been on here but haven't contacted them yet. Still determined to try solve the issue by myself which will be much more satisfying (while also saving myself money). But when I am completely beaten and can't do anymore then I will turn to these guys for help

There is a big main fuse that is quite common on the battery pack, you have to drop the main battery to change it, I don’t know if Tesla would sell you the parts.

Anyone able to help with performing diagnostics on SP90D?
Local SC are no help as it's a salvage car.

Have OBD2 adapter cable connected and using TM-spy on IOS but need proper diagnostics carried out to find problem.

Car will not drive/charge
Error messages:
Car needs service - Unable to start car
Power reduced - Vehicles systems shutting down
Unable to drive - Voltage supply too low

12v drains as nothing coming from DC converter, front or rear HVJB. Opened rear HVJB and checked fuses, all ok.
HV battery still holding charge at 107 miles and has held this for over a month.
What does HVJB stand for ?