Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here it is the new Tesla Maps ( coming this weekend? )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the maps part of the 2018.12 5eadc71 update or a separate update. The reason I ask is I got 2018.12 5eadc71 yesterday while it was at the local service center. This morning using nav, I can't see a difference. Thank.
Separate. Apparently the new maps can be downloaded inside of 2018.12. Mine hasn't updated yet either. I've had 2018.12 on the second day of its release.

I think that's the bigger problem. If the data is accurate, it probably means the car is stuck in a loop downloading or uploading something over and over again.

It might be worth reaching out to SC / customer service. 32GB of data transfer in a few days is more than most people use for Netflix binging.
I will watch the traffic for few more days and then will reach out to SC if the trend continues.

Btw - I don't think that the car is downloading anything significant either. As you suggested, I too believe that it is either stuck downloading something over and over again or my Google Wifi is lying - although it is accurately reporting other devices on the network as far as I can tell.

Called in to support to check if there was a problem with my download. Logs showed it had failed 10 plus times over the past couple of days. The latest failure was this morning on strong wifi.

Had them connect me to my service center and had them push the update OTA. Just got the update to 2018.14 4d25341. No maps. Notes look like those for the previous one at 2018.10.4

Called in to support to check if there was a problem with my download. Logs showed it had failed 10 plus times over the past couple of days. The latest failure was this morning on strong wifi.

Had them connect me to my service center and had them push the update OTA. Just got the update to 2018.14 4d25341. No maps. Notes look like those for the previous one at 2018.10.4

Minor bug fixes and improvements?

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Question for the "rooted": The current, Navigon, navigation updates traffic every 6 minutes, according my SC head honcho, who says this will be getting much better. Can you tell if there is any change in this with the new navigation?

Your SC Head Honcho is incorrect, my logs show looking for traffic updates every minute when actively driving, it's a simple JSON download of incidents, perhaps, the head office updates every 5 minutes? However I doubt that, since they are clearly leveraging a traffic service and not inventing there own.

It also looks for incidents when it's not driving, but I don't know the frequency, I'd imagine it's less, but I'm to lazy to go dig through the logs to figure it out.