Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here we go again... Model 3 wont power up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This really sucks. Hope you’re able to get a final resolution whatever it may be. I know Tesla has been really helpful; however if it was me I’d be considering applying under the lemon law if it happened again after they attempt to fix the issue for the second time this go around. Good luck and please keep us updated.

This really sucks. Hope you’re able to get a final resolution whatever it may be. I know Tesla has been really helpful; however if it was me I’d be considering applying under the lemon law if it happened again after they attempt to fix the issue for the second time this go around. Good luck and please keep us updated.

I agree with this. A $60,000 car (or any new car really) should not be doing this and it doesn’t sound like it is happening to more than a few (if even more than one).

How old a VIN?
50xx

As sad as it is, I am considering this depending on what happens this go around. Three more days in service and I am allowed to make a claim. We will see what happens...

Judging from what is written here it may very well be a case of a lemon that just slipped through the cracks at quality control. Happens to all models of car. Never fun for the owner but typically very isolated. Hope it all works out for you in the end. Glad to hear that Tesla is treating you well through the diagnostic and repair phases. Let us know how thing pan out.

Dan

5MNBdKj.jpg

Well this certainly makes the wait easier :D

If there is one shining light in all of this, its Tesla Service.

Attachments

• 8CA96CAF-3807-4014-B67B-4FC13ADCC49A.jpeg
    8CA96CAF-3807-4014-B67B-4FC13ADCC49A.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 52
Even trade?
Robin

The service manager called me from his personal cell this morning at 7:45AM on his way in to work promising that if anything major was wrong with the car he would be calling Fremont to discuss something to "Make it right". Maybe an even trade is what he meant!? haha!

Truth be told, as much fun as the P90D is, I still prefer the 3 - if you can believe that!

The service manager called me from his personal cell this morning at 7:45AM on his way in to work promising that if anything major was wrong with the car he would be calling Fremont to discuss something to "Make it right". Maybe an even trade is what he meant!? haha!

Truth be told, as much fun as the P90D is, I still prefer the 3 - if you can believe that!

I can! The 3 is a better size for regular driving in my opinion. Yeah it doesn’t have quite as good of performance but it will rightfully be their best selling car as early as the end of this year. It’s pretty amazing, and I’ve only just sat in one haha

So the latest update is that something is triggering the computer to disconnect the HV pack as a precaution/failsafe. Obviously this prevents the 12V from charging. Apparently this could be a tough issue to track down. I continue to have assurances that Tesla will do whatever it takes to make it right.

Since delivery:
I’ve had the car 7 days
The SC: 14 days

Oh well. I‘m happy to keep driving the P90D for now!

So the latest update is that something is triggering the computer to disconnect the HV pack as a precaution/failsafe. Obviously this prevents the 12V from charging. Apparently this could be a tough issue to track down. I continue to have assurances that Tesla will do whatever it takes to make it right.

Since delivery:
I’ve had the car 7 days
The SC: 14 days

Oh well. I‘m happy to keep driving the P90D for now!

That ratio of days in the shop is awful.

Interestingly, since we have a 2017 Volvo (not a plug-in), I have been reading posts on a Volvo forum and seen that some people are having trouble with their T-8 plug-in hybrid Volvo 12V battery systems. Apparently the 12V batteries are sometimes not getting charged sufficiently when driving or when plugged in charging the high voltage battery.

I had a 2017 T8. Eventually bought back by Volvo and replaced with a 2018. One of the many issues I had was 12V problems, one time resulting in a non-starting vehicle. The 2018 has been perfect so far.

Just wanted to point out that Tesla isn't the only manufacturer with some teething issues with new vehicle rollouts. We now return to your regularly-scheduled programming.