Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here's hoping that the July 28 event will be a complete reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't hold your breath for details on future options. They will want to sell the current feature set.

Agree. I suspect we won't get as much information on future options as many wish. Be prepared for a number of threads complaining about this, but I'm sure that won't surprise anyone familiar with the forum.

All the cars will still go to employees for the next two and a half months. So, I don't expect a full reveal of every spec/option.

Tesla won't reveal the performance specs, as they may not even know them.

We'll find out how far the 75kWh battery goes, and maybe they'll tell us how far the 60kWh goes, but not a guarantee.

The configurator right now is color and wheels, so not sure what opening it up will tell us. And, they haven't stated how long it'll be before real options become available.

All the cars will still go to employees for the next two and a half months. So, I don't expect a full reveal of every spec/option.

Tesla won't reveal the performance specs, as they may not even know them.

We'll find out how far the 75kWh battery goes, and maybe they'll tell us how far the 60kWh goes, but not a guarantee.

The configurator right now is color and wheels, so not sure what opening it up will tell us. And, they haven't stated how long it'll be before real options become available.

At least the configurator would likely give us pricing on battery, paint, interior and wheels. I'd be happy with that info just so I can plan accordingly.

Reactions: KJD
My guess here.....

FULL reveal, including AWD and Performance specs.

He will also take the time to highlight new and exciting things the S and X are getting, "as of (this morning) (the 28th)".

The recent performance upgrades to S and X will be highlighted as well, and we'll also learn that those new motors are being used, because they're also going into our cars.

As an East Coaster, I'm going to have to take a nap after work on Friday if I'm going to stay up past midnight. LOL

I see from this thread one person knows his/her expected delivery date nearly a year from now and another person knows how many months of production -- rounded to the nearest half month -- will be dedicated to employees. This is surely more detailed information than will be revealed this week by Musk.

I guess you never tried Troy's estimator. :)

Many of us did because it doesn't hurt to try. Also, at least it provides context as to why I am really not in a rush to find out all the options (because the estimator did give me June 2018 for all types of configuration) but it's like anyone of us here is enjoying all this partial reveal where it so happens someone was near a RC or production model and was allowed to take photos here and there.

Reactions: Runt8
Hoping that he uses Summon to bring the first car onto the stage from outside. You never know... expectation for FSD was this month "latest", and it would be something special if the first live demo of that was the first M3 customer handover.

So it can only tow shovels? :D

No no, in spades. Meaning that if you build a giant hollow shovel, then you can tow while you're driving inside of it. ;)

(It'll be amusing to see how badly its range will get slashed when towing, as Model 3 relies on aero and low rolling resistance so much. No matter to me, I just want to be able to haul timber and the like between my property and Reykjavík, 30-40km each way :) )