Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey Elon, how about a "Hysteresis" charging option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think that apps that have to connect to the car to do that charging managing would have to keep the car awake (or wake it up more than the car would on its own) thus contributing to vampire drain.

I think the iOS “Stats for Tesla” app would not have 400 five star reviews if that was the case.

Here is FAQ entry answering that very question within the app.

32231973348_32da35c8ef_b_d.jpg

Okay, I got some disagrees to this post, which isn't very helpful or educational to me. This is a Model 3 thread -- is the system different than it is on the Model S? I don't know what the disagreement is.
Since you asked, that was the simple and polite way to say you were just splitting hairs and being argumentative. It is very much the same as if we are hanging out at your house and order pizza, and I gave you two $5 bills to pay for the pizza. Then when the delivery guy shows up, you instead get a $10 bill out of your wallet and then argue with me that I didn't pay for it because it wasn't the exact same bills.

I said "draw energy through your wall connection". Sure, it's a pass-through process that goes through other components. No one was trying to claim that there is a direct wiring jumper from the port to the heater, because the heater obviously doesn't run on 240V AC electricity, so your arguing with me and trying to correct me on that deserved a disagree marker and wouldn't have needed further explanation except for your asking.

Ditto in wet climates.

It is the rainy season now in Oregon and I detest the windshield wipers.

Auto mode is a complete joke and manually changing the wiper speed on a touchscreen is downright dangerous.

Unless the auto mode somehow becomes perfect, they desperately need to put a control on a stick next to the wheel like every other damned car on the market.
I agree. This is probably the biggest UI design flaw in the car. On the plus side, the rain season here in the Bay Area seems to have finally started. Maybe they think of something (e.g. activate the wipers permanently with a double-click of the wiper button?).

• Love
Reactions: eprosenx
I agree. This is probably the biggest UI design flaw in the car. On the plus side, the rain season here in the Bay Area seems to have finally started. Maybe they think of something (e.g. activate the wipers permanently with a double-click of the wiper button?).

I like that idea !!

And the wheel controls speed for next 30 seconds after you touch the wiper button.

People don’t realize how many manual gestures you can create from all the controls at the wheel. It’s like having two mouses with extra buttons.

What gets mapped needs to be carefully chosen though.

Since you asked, that was the simple and polite way to say you were just splitting hairs and being argumentative. It is very much the same as if we are hanging out at your house and order pizza, and I gave you two $5 bills to pay for the pizza. Then when the delivery guy shows up, you instead get a $10 bill out of your wallet and then argue with me that I didn't pay for it because it wasn't the exact same bills.

I said "draw energy through your wall connection". Sure, it's a pass-through process that goes through other components. No one was trying to claim that there is a direct wiring jumper from the port to the heater, because the heater obviously doesn't run on 240V AC electricity, so your arguing with me and trying to correct me on that deserved a disagree marker and wouldn't have needed further explanation except for your asking.
Thanks for trying to improve my attitude. It's probably too late, but I appreciate the effort! ;)

I thought I was clarifying, not arguing. This is a Model 3 thread, so lots of new users who have not been through the years of experience that you have. There seemed to be an air in the thread of "the heater is running off of the plug" and the battery was or was not involved. I'll try harder to be clear of my intentions.

Thanks for the plug, @BerTX . This is definitely an interesting charging functionality. It makes sense, it doesn't make much sense to heat the battery up only to charge a few miles in terms of energy savings.

Perhaps it'd be easy enough to just add this as a smart charging configuration option as well, good stuff.