Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hickies appropriate for store staff?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title sums it up pretty clearly. Walked into a Store in England last week to discuss the 70D and a young store staff approached me with two giant and very obvious hickies on his neck.
Appropriate for a store selling luxury £100K cars?

I didnt think so, but perhaps im wrong?

Title sums it up pretty clearly. Walked into a Store in England last week to discuss the 70D and a young store staff approached me with two giant and very obvious hickies on his neck.
Appropriate for a store selling luxury £100K cars?

I didnt think so, but perhaps im wrong?

Probably from a couple of prior grateful customers. It's unavoidable, if you sell Teslas for a living...

I don't think Tesla is trying to be a stuffy rich guy establishment. And these aren't exactly high paying advanced career jobs. And I don't believe in telling people what they can and can't do outside of working hours, unless it's written into the hiring contract and/or clearly stated during the hiring process. Which I can't say for sure, but I doubt there are any hard written rules about hickies. It if's a regular thing, that employee's superior might want to suggest to that employee to have their spirited companion stop doing that, but I don't see taking it any further than that.

I don't think Tesla is trying to be a stuffy rich guy establishment. And these aren't exactly high paying advanced career jobs. And I don't believe in telling people what they can and can't do outside of working hours, unless it's written into the hiring contract and/or clearly stated during the hiring process. Which I can't say for sure, but I doubt there are any hard written rules about hickies. It if's a regular thing, that employee's superior might want to suggest to that employee to have their spirited companion stop doing that, but I don't see taking it any further than that.

Reasonable, well-thought out, full of common sense.

Just wear a turtle neck for a couple of days - no one will notice, fortunately I have experience in this area (its been 30 + years), but this worked. Plus the young lady looked great with a turtle neck on!

At least you guys have a warranty period on teeth - every time I go to the dentist that want a couple thousand to replace something (which reminds me of by old VW Passat wagon)...

No big deal, just let people be people. What if they had (gasp!) tatoos or piercings? Should tesla only hire sexy young people who may offer to date their probably older clientele? We need checks for body modifications. Maybe they should wear ties, this is a serious company (/okay, just kidding).

Get a haircut, and get a real job.

It could've been a curling iron burn. Yeah, that's it.

I don't see a big deal with it; then again, I don't have an issue with tattoos, either. I recognize others do, which is why I wear none (like to keep my options open), but to each his own.

I'm just feeling sorry for the employee, having their personal life discussed publicly on this forum - you KNOW his coworkers are giving him a hard time. (Sorry, dude, whoever you are. Hang in there, it will be funny story to tell. Someday.)

I'm sure whoever it was was hit with a choice of stay home and miss work (potentially leave coworkers shorthanded) or showing up and hoping people would be understanding. It would have made me laugh, honestly. Personal life. I don't really care as long as they would be able to answer my questions.

What Hickie

Bn4fSTG.jpg