Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High-Five to the 2.52.22 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oddly I am on 2.52.22 and still getting the Autosteer only at speed limit. Did I misunderstand that this was supposed to be back to +5 on non-highways?
This has been talked about a lot. My guess is that you have your speed assist set to the speed limit, or to less than +5. Change that to +5 or higher, and I expect you will find that +5 works for you.

With this version of the firmware, Tesla has tied the speed assist speed to the "undivided highway max autosteer speed", allowing the lower of the offset or +5. To many this seems like a questionable connection, as some may want the +5, but also want speed assist set lower. We have not figured out why Tesla needed to connect the two.

Cheers, I should have read the thread before posting. Set the speed limit warning to +5 and it fixed the autosteer limit for me. What's funny is that I didn't even realize I had the speed limit warning turned on in the first place. It took me a while to figure out that the actual warning is the speed limit sign getting a little larger. Never noticed it before.

On another topic, Summon seems to be much more responsive after the update. Has anyone noticed this. It seems that it used to take a few seconds after I pressed the frunk or trunk button to start moving, whereas now it starts moving almost immediately.

Reactions: Andyw2100
On another topic, Summon seems to be much more responsive after the update. Has anyone noticed this. It seems that it used to take a few seconds after I pressed the frunk or trunk button to start moving, whereas now it starts moving almost immediately.
I've noticed that now it sometimes has difficulty initializing. Sometimes I have to try two or three times to start it before it the car will actually move. Never had that issue before. I use the fob exclusively.

I should actually use the 'summon' feature! I must admit: I've been too chicken to use it (new owner!), or to have the right circumstance/ need to test it out. If you are asking this question, then I take it you use it enough to have noticed the difference! [Man, I have a lot to learn!... and I love that about the Tesla!]

I've noticed that now it sometimes has difficulty initializing. Sometimes I have to try two or three times to start it before it the car will actually move. Never had that issue before. I use the fob exclusively.

I should actually use the 'summon' feature! I must admit: I've been too chicken to use it (new owner!), or to have the right circumstance/ need to test it out. If you are asking this question, then I take it you use it enough to have noticed the difference! [Man, I have a lot to learn!... and I love that about the Tesla!]

I've found the opposite, my summons doesn't seem to work well at all from the fob, especially in reverse mode.

That's odd in that my experience was the exact opposite. I'm a regular Summon user, but on the previous version it got buggy and didn't always work to the point where I would no longer attempt to use it in public. On the latest software it works perfectly (also a fob user). I wonder if fixing a bug for some users causes problems for others?

Although I use Summon all of the time (so I'm not a "Summon denier" ;) ), I have to ask: has anyone ever found that Summon works
reliably and predictably enough that they could honestly say they noticed a difference in reliability from version to version?
I suppose the real and only useful aspect of Summon would be to back the car out of a tight spot while in the shopping mall!

Cheers, I should have read the thread before posting. Set the speed limit warning to +5 and it fixed the autosteer limit for me. What's funny is that I didn't even realize I had the speed limit warning turned on in the first place. It took me a while to figure out that the actual warning is the speed limit sign getting a little larger. Never noticed it before.
You should also hear a "ding" as you go above the speed limit plus your offset if you have it turned in in your settings. I find this useful at times.

Well, I agree that it fixed the equalizer. Mine has stayed as set over all my restarts for a week. BUT -- the audio system switches sources unexpectedly and annoyingly while the car is shut down. Not every time, but it has happened several times. It seems to default back to the FM radio. This was a known bug earlier and I had hoped it would be fixed in this release.

Do others also find this to be the case?

Yep. Equalizer works fine. But I just noticed this sudden defaulting to FM today. Though it was after listening to Tune-In. Never saw it before....

All was well since installing 2.52.22 I thought, until today when I also noticed two "re-scans" for the first time since I updated. The first re-scan didn't list any favorites, but after another re-scan they magically seemed to reappear.

Solve a problem.... cause a problem? :(

I suppose the real and only useful aspect of Summon would be to back the car out of a tight spot while in the shopping mall!

most of the local charging stations were built for smaller EVs and the spaces are very narrow making it difficult to get in and out once parked. Often I pull up, get out, and then back it in, and reverse that process when pulling out if there is a car still on the driver side.