Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
!vinbot Model 3 #2375
2375.JPG

You right, I don't know and you don't know. What we have are sporadic facts. Those facts are multiple videos on different days and only one of them had transporters and significant movement. And highest vin count in range of ~2.6-2.7k total. Together, they're far from 1k per week. I'd love for you to be right. I had same hopes as you Right now but in q3. I.e. we don't have all the data on vins, tmc is small community with little data on tesla, all the news sites are wrong and tesla did make 1.5k cars in q3 but in the beginning of October, tesla stated ~360 cars delivered and production issues were blocking manufacturing.
I am right. I’m not making a prediction. I’m just saying you have insufficient data.

No because production of 2018 VIN's M3 started at 22nd of December. With 9 productions days left (23 till 31 Dec.) they could still make a lot of cars in 2017, but with 2018 VIN's ;-)

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure the production line would be shutdown for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and probably New Years Eve. Even so, you're right they could have produced a good number of MY2018 cars before the end of 2017.

My M3 Vin is 3040, and it's a 2017 delivered Dec 30 at Marina Del Rey.

Very interesting! I wonder if your Model 3 was one of the ones built on December 22nd when they switched over to the 2018MY in the VINs. Is the 10th digit in your VIN a H (2017MY) or a J (2018MY)?

According to the Model 3 VIN Twitter account Tesla changed VINs 3027 - 3840 from MY 2017 to MY 2018. They also fixed the incorrect check digit for VINs 3841-8362.

Model 3 VINs on Twitter

So based on this data Tesla's max production for the Model 3 in 2017 is 3026 cars, though I doubt they even broke 2500 for the year.
Only 3k?

It was 2K at the end of November. 250 per week in December? COME ON RAMP.......LETS GO!!!!!