Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is 35xxx a low VIN? Should I be worried this is a reject (I don't think it is, just wanted to get the consensus of the cognoscenti) :)

Anybody know when the v2 rear seats were introduced? 20xxx?

VIN to VIN comparison is meaningless and is intentionally scattered to avoid the public from making obvious predictions that impact projections. With that said, a specific VIN can be tied to a date, it just isn't valuable to compare to other VIN's and think you're getting an older car. This is wrong.

Reactions: Jedi2155
Mine must have been sitting in the weeds somewhere because I just got my vin today and it’s in the 269xx range and yet others are getting in the 40’s now

I hear you. My 8000's VIN came the same week as others were getting 12000 VINs, and the thruput was MUCH lower then. I wondered where mine had been too. Good news is there was no change until the 17000's got new seats. The car has been perfect (other than a slight noise over speed bumps, getting fixed this week).

Its all gonna be water under the bridge soon. It will be the VW Bug times all over again. Teslas everywhere. Herbie the Lovebug really will have FSD

-Randy

I am on the same boat. I just knew my VIN# when they sent me purchase agreement last week. I am at 31xxx......

New VIN high score 55308

Attachments

• 600EC8F6-5EDB-49E4-8430-D05405AD674E.png
    600EC8F6-5EDB-49E4-8430-D05405AD674E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 160
In Littleton, CO today there were multiple Performance Model 3’s without the Performance accessories upgrades. They all had Aero wheels and were Multi Coat Red and Solid Black. Highest VIN was a MCR and was 73,352. I was on the lookout for my friend who is taking delivery for his P3D+ MCR with White Interior on Thursday. All 4 cars were 70,000+ for VIN. Highest I had seen. Wish I had gotten a photo but can go back tomorrow if you I need to.

I reserved in Apr 1 2016, Configured on Aug 15th 2018, Tesla delivery advisor sent me an email yesterday with a VIN 49XXX, when I asked him when was the car rolled out of factory, he told me around 10 days ago, is that true ? in 10 days they came up to 74XXX ?

I reserved in Apr 1 2016, Configured on Aug 15th 2018, Tesla delivery advisor sent me an email yesterday with a VIN 49XXX, when I asked him when was the car rolled out of factory, he told me around 10 days ago, is that true ? in 10 days they came up to 74XXX ?

Supposedly the VINs are not sequential (they use different batches at different times) so it is hard to know. Hopefully they are telling you the truth.