Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like an 85,000 VIN here:

8EFE7ED0-F998-407E-9712-F79FDC92B090.jpeg

It's created paranoia if anything. Unless your VIN is less than 2000, I wouldn't worry about it.

I’ve seen a number of videos on YouTube with horrible paint issue (poor coverage, chips on doors, etc). It’s disappointing that Tesla would present vehicles to future owners like that. Not a good representation of a product in my opinion. It might be rare but I still wouldn’t do it.

I reserved in Apr 1 2016, Configured on Aug 15th 2018, Tesla delivery advisor sent me an email yesterday with a VIN 49XXX, when I asked him when was the car rolled out of factory, he told me around 10 days ago, is that true ? in 10 days they came up to 74XXX ?

you'll know by the build date on the driver door jamb label. If it says mfg date 8/18 then yes the car was made then, if it says something from three months ago you have to start asking questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: khraiv
I agree... its just that I want to make sure they have fixed the issues that were reported by customer's these 6 months, for ex: there was an Incident where two model 3's lost the bumper after a heavy rain.

I'm not sure I would call losing the bumper cover while driving through greater than a foot of water "after heavy rain". Bad things tend to happen to cars when you start fording deep water. That isn't unique to Model 3s.