TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hit and run

Discussion in 'Model X' started by bjori, Aug 18, 2019.

1. bjori

bjori Member

C7F8A4FB-0BD5-4272-9AF7-468CF2D50EF8.jpeg 7A2E923D-3846-41B1-991A-1875C30AA268.jpeg Our car turned 1 year about a month ago.

My wife parked on the street on front of our daughter school last Friday night.
    When they came back from class, the car looked like this.

Anyone in the Bay Area/Palo Alto with experience with getting these fixed ? I’m assuming this is few hundred dollars to fix ?

2. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

There are "Bumper Repair Medic" type independant companies that specialize in these types of repairs. Usually one day in and out. Will be more expensive than you think as the rubber part needs to be replaced and your entire bumper cover will most likely need to be replaced and painted factory color.

3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

It looks simple enough for Tesla Service Center / Tesla Body Repair to fix it

Body Shop Support

4. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

Here’s the scrape on ours. Cost 1500 at a Tesla approved shop.

Attached Files:

5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

My guess would be $1,500-$2,000 assuming that there isn't any hidden damage. (If the quarter panel is dented, which it sort of looks like it could be that can jump to $15-20k really quickly.)

6. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I just had a BMW X3 repaired from a 10 mph rear end $11,000 (started at $6,000, jumped to $8,500, then $11,000). They describe it like peeling back an onion, and seeing for how far the damage goes. 2.5 months to repair.

To OP. Was Sentry mode turned on?

7. bjori

bjori Member

Sentry mode was on, but the usb stick was out of space since about 2 days earlier

I didn't get any alerts on my phone though, and my wife tells me just the "normal" "X incidents occurred" showed up when she went into the car.
    I was expecting incidents like this to trigger push notifications and alarms etc, but somehow didn't :(

• Informative x 1
  8. turtlesz

turtlesz Member

Really needs to be an option to delete old videos once the USB drive is full. No clue why that hadn't been done since the start. Sorry you have to go through this, really annoying how people just leave and have no regard for someone else's property.