Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit and run

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C7F8A4FB-0BD5-4272-9AF7-468CF2D50EF8.jpeg
7A2E923D-3846-41B1-991A-1875C30AA268.jpeg
Our car turned 1 year about a month ago.

My wife parked on the street on front of our daughter school last Friday night.
When they came back from class, the car looked like this.

Anyone in the Bay Area/Palo Alto with experience with getting these fixed ? I’m assuming this is few hundred dollars to fix ?

There are "Bumper Repair Medic" type independant companies that specialize in these types of repairs. Usually one day in and out. Will be more expensive than you think as the rubber part needs to be replaced and your entire bumper cover will most likely need to be replaced and painted factory color.

I just had a BMW X3 repaired from a 10 mph rear end $11,000 (started at $6,000, jumped to $8,500, then $11,000). They describe it like peeling back an onion, and seeing for how far the damage goes. 2.5 months to repair.

To OP. Was Sentry mode turned on?

Sentry mode was on, but the usb stick was out of space since about 2 days earlier

I didn't get any alerts on my phone though, and my wife tells me just the "normal" "X incidents occurred" showed up when she went into the car.
I was expecting incidents like this to trigger push notifications and alarms etc, but somehow didn't :(

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
Sentry mode was on, but the usb stick was out of space since about 2 days earlier

I didn't get any alerts on my phone though, and my wife tells me just the "normal" "X incidents occurred" showed up when she went into the car.
I was expecting incidents like this to trigger push notifications and alarms etc, but somehow didn't :(

Really needs to be an option to delete old videos once the USB drive is full. No clue why that hadn't been done since the start. Sorry you have to go through this, really annoying how people just leave and have no regard for someone else's property.