Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit by Flying Debris

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 3 years of ownership of a Model 3, my baby was hit by a flying debris which resulted in the replacement of the hood, bumper and tow hook cover. I was glad that it didn't hit the windshield directly and it could have killed me.
IMG_20210927_150504.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-27 153504_2.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-27 153504_2.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 80
  • InkedScreenshot 2021-10-03 224753.jpg
    InkedScreenshot 2021-10-03 224753.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 75
Well that absolutely sucks. I'm glad you're OK and the car is fixable.

Many years ago I watched a large bolt fly over the barrier and hit the driver's side of my S2000. ***THUD*** When we later stopped for gas I inspected it. There were thread marks where the bolt had impacted the car, it had hit so hard. I don't believe I'd owned the car six months at that point.

About 30 years ago I was hit by a chunk of metal on my BMW on the expressway. Object hit right above and on the windshield right in front of me, shattering it, at about 70 mph. The hit was so hard the top of the windshield frame was crushed down about 3 inches. Obviously it had to be repaired and reformed before the windshield could even be installed. Never could figure where it came from. There was no overpass right there, and I couldn’t see if it was thrown from a car. I considered myself very lucky the hit wasn’t just a few inches lower. I was sprayed with glass as it was. It was a certainty that the object would have come through.

• Informative
Reactions: BnGrm and KenC