Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hitch Cutout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ on June 8 and have been thinking about buying an aftermarket hitch. A friend of mine took delivery of exactly the same car three days later from the same location (Vancouver) and decided to install a custom home-made hitch. She sent me pics of the install and I noticed that her car has a factory cutout for the hitch that looks really similar to what is on the European cars with a factory hitch. My car does not have the cutout. Anyone else have a cutout?

I took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ on June 8 and have been thinking about buying an aftermarket hitch. A friend of mine took delivery of exactly the same car three days later from the same location (Vancouver) and decided to install a custom home-made hitch. She sent me pics of the install and I noticed that her car has a factory cutout for the hitch that looks really similar to what is on the European cars with a factory hitch. My car does not have the cutout. Anyone else have a cutout?

Pictures!

Hopefully it is something like this, for maximum clearance:

What about the tow hitch?

%SIJ0cm7QGiGZMdjtjhV%Q.jpg

Is the lower panel attached to the bumper? I actually want to install a hitch on my 2018 LR without the cut-out. Since my wife just got a SR+ with the cut-out, I'm wonder is this lower panel can be swapped so that I don't have to do a cut-out on mine.