TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hitch Cutout

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Kyledwa, Jul 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kyledwa

Kyledwa New Member

I took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ on June 8 and have been thinking about buying an aftermarket hitch. A friend of mine took delivery of exactly the same car three days later from the same location (Vancouver) and decided to install a custom home-made hitch. She sent me pics of the install and I noticed that her car has a factory cutout for the hitch that looks really similar to what is on the European cars with a factory hitch. My car does not have the cutout. Anyone else have a cutout?

2. dwalme

dwalme Member

I have two Model 3s. April build no cutout, May build has the cutout.

3. Kyledwa

Kyledwa New Member

That's interesting. Mine has a May build date, so maybe they switched over in mid-may sometime? Wonder if that means a hitch is coming for NA...or maybe they ran out of parts and started using European ones.

• Informative x 1
  4. AlanSubie4Life

AlanSubie4Life Efficiency Obsessed Member

Pictures!

Hopefully it is something like this, for maximum clearance:

What about the tow hitch?

%SIJ0cm7QGiGZMdjtjhV%Q.jpg

5. Can37

Can37 Member

IMG_20190727_105651.jpg I installed a Stealth hitch today and was really surprised to find the door in the lower panel for the hitch. The door goes back on and the Stealth hitch is completely hidden. Removing the door just needs a couple of quarter turn pins and it pops out. You pop in the receiver and you are good to go. Tesla Model 3 (2017 - Present)

• Like x 3
  6. dj_gon

dj_gon Member

Is the lower panel attached to the bumper? I actually want to install a hitch on my 2018 LR without the cut-out. Since my wife just got a SR+ with the cut-out, I'm wonder is this lower panel can be swapped so that I don't have to do a cut-out on mine.