Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean you drop out of twin charger? Or Tesla allows having twin charger without buying the HPWC? What is the charging news in HK?

No. Keeping twin charger (considered dropping it, as I doubt whether I will use it, but cost difference now vs later is just too great). Yes, I can order twin charger without HPWC. There is no euro-spec HPWC available anywhere yet - even the cars delivered in Europe don't have one available.

For charging news, only rumors now. Waiting for official notice from Tesla. But, several owners have been told that a low power (from 10A up to 32A/40A) wall charger will be provided with the cars.

Umm.... My sister didn't order twin charger nor HPWC. I consider adding twin charger if Tesla deploys EU MS charger for HK MS. The EU MS charger handle 3-phase and I would love to be able to take advantage of the added rate in juicing the MS. I emailed both Kenneth and Linda @Tesla and informed them my desire to add twin charger should the HK MS follows the EU charging spec.

We are currently confirmed for friend and family list for June/July delivery: 85kW, Black body and roof, 19" wheels, Tan Performance Leather seats, Wood gloss decor with matching yacht floor, tech package, smart air suspension, parking sensors.

I switched my config: changed to 85kWh, and dropped HPWC (given charging news in HK, and resale value in a few years).

I think the 85kWh choice is wise, and I think it's more than 50% in HK, over the 60, but let's see. Despite the shorter distances in HK compared to most other Tesla markets, charging options could be an issue, as it's probably also the market with the toughest parking issues, both with regard to cost and supply.

I also think it's wise to get the dual chargers, as you mentioned, the price difference isn't that much when ordering, while a later mod costs much more.

Whether dual charging will make a lot of a difference, or not, has yet to be seen. If Tesla won't let any other shopping mall get super chargers, then I imagine some of those would have HPWC 80A chargers, to boast quick charging. This is for deals like park-n-charge X hours for free while shopping for more than Y HKD. If some shopping mall has the 80A option, I think that could attract a lot more customers, whether they charge separately for the charging, or not.

I don't think there would be any sales restrictions on the HPWC - anyone who wants to pay for it, whether Tesla owner or not, could buy and install as many as possible, am I right? While super chargers probably won't be available without a Tesla Motors deal of sorts.

There are many other threads with charging and chargers, maybe some of our later posts here could be moved, Mark?

As a continuation here, I look forward to hear when the first sigs and "friends" get delivery dates confirmed.

It seems like the Hong Kong Model S delivery could be at least one month delay (was told late June/early July, now late July/early August for the first non-signature boat. This is what head quarter wrote me:
Signature deliveries will continue to occur into July as well so for your sister's case at least, we are shooting for end of July, possible early August. The first HK cars will go into production in the coming weeks and I'll have a better idea once that's complete.