Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order confirmed - RN32XXXX has been replaced by - a VIN number?

Order Confirmed - RN removed.jpg

Below where it says "Model S" on my dashboard, it used to say my RN32XXXX number, now there is a quite long code there with letters and numbers.

Is this the VIN, even though it doesn't say VIN?

EDIT:

So I just found this image in the forums:

VINjoules.png

So it's the last letter and 5 digits which is the "VIN" as mentioned here in the forums - I see!

And as "A" is for LHD, "B" seems to be for RHD.

Last edited:
Great to see VINs are being posted. That means the Signatures have started getting to production. It seems the non-signatures delivery, according an email exchange with HQ, will start in August.

On May 27, 2014, at 9:05 PM, Linda wrote:
Waidy,

I've actually been back since early March =P.

Delivery will now most likely be mid-August. July will be completely reserved for Signatures since we had to readjust our delivery time frame from the June target. Signature cars are beginning to go through production now. Based on current production, and barring any last minute changes, I would say early August is a safe time frame to visit Hong Kong.

Best,
Linda

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:39 PM

Hi Linda, welcome back!! Thanks for the info. By the way, how much of advance notice can you give me on delivery? My calendar for June and most of July is now filled (I can't believe there are so much to do after retirement). I would like to go to HK when Jeanne and Paul take their delivery.

#16? - River - March 2013 - 26-Feb-2014 - July/August 2014 - P85, Blue Metallic Paint/Panoramic Roof/ 19"/ Black Performance Leather Seats / Carbon Fiber Décor / Carbon Fiber Spoiler / Tesla Red Brake Calipers / Supercharger Enabled /Tech Package / Smart Air Suspension / Parking Sensors / Fog Lamps / Alcantara Headliner (with Alcantara Dashboard trim)

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

ok, done!
thanks!

#16? - River - March 2013 - 26-Feb-2014 - July/August 2014 - P85, Blue Metallic Paint/Panoramic Roof/ 19"/ Black Performance Leather Seats / Carbon Fiber Décor / Carbon Fiber Spoiler / Tesla Red Brake Calipers / Supercharger Enabled /Tech Package / Smart Air Suspension / Parking Sensors / Fog Lamps / Alcantara Headliner (with Alcantara Dashboard trim)

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

ok, done!
thanks!

You can add your VIN also if you like. Not sure if it's a privacy issue or not, it seems people do it all over the forums.

Although I'm still waiting for my VIN, on My Dashboard page I noticed there's suddenly a pencil symbol next to 'Model S' above my reservation number which, upon clicking, would open a box allowing you to create a Nickname to replace the 'Model S'. Anyone knows what this is? Will it change the sticker letters that go on the tail of the production car? If so, that'll be interesting...

Model S nickname.jpg

Although I'm still waiting for my VIN, on My Dashboard page I noticed there's suddenly a pencil symbol next to 'Model S' above my reservation number which, upon clicking, would open a box allowing you to create a Nickname to replace the 'Model S'. Anyone knows what this is? Will it change the sticker letters that go on the tail of the production car? If so, that'll be interesting...

View attachment 50800

I have just gotten that too! I changed mine to the personalised license plate that I ordered, so I guess you can safely change it to anything.

How about "I want it YESTERDAY" and see what happens. My RN starts with 32, yours with 86, wonder why?

So have I. It's a nice personalised touch, I guess. Mine now reads "To be supplied free of charge..." I have been told my VIN will be assigned in July now, for September delivery. Hopefully by my birthday....

What are the "sticker letters" mentioned above?

So have I. It's a nice personalised touch, I guess. Mine now reads "To be supplied free of charge..." I have been told my VIN will be assigned in July now, for September delivery. Hopefully by my birthday....

What are the "sticker letters" mentioned above?

Free of charge? I hope they deliver mine with about 80% charge at least ...

I want a some Caltex free fuel cards as well...

What, for your boat?

I want ... Tesla to sell motors and battery packs as marine kits, so they can be retrofitted in boats.

Imagine a motor catamaran with two Tesla motors, two 85kWh battery packs and a full roof of solar panels.

Charge from the marina when docked, and top up using the sun, whether docked or out and about.

The torque, ease of operation and low maintenance will beat the pants off diesels and petrol engines, especially in boats.

-

Any news about delivery dates, are the consensus that Signatures are close to the beginning of July, while Production starts delivering some time in August?

Want to start a biz?

What, for your boat?

I want ... Tesla to sell motors and battery packs as marine kits, so they can be retrofitted in boats.

Imagine a motor catamaran with two Tesla motors, two 85kWh battery packs and a full roof of solar panels.

Charge from the marina when docked, and top up using the sun, whether docked or out and about.

The torque, ease of operation and low maintenance will beat the pants off diesels and petrol engines, especially in boats.

-

Any news about delivery dates, are the consensus that Signatures are close to the beginning of July, while Production starts delivering some time in August?