Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holding Production to get a 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have close to $20k of tax savings to collect, so no way I'm waiting until Jan. Whether it's mid-Dec of mid-Jan will only make a difference for people who think it will. The placebo effect. The real factor at resale is going to be whether the car is AP1 or AP2, and whether it's unlimited SuperCharger or limited SuperCharger. Those are tangible differences.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I have close to $20k of tax savings to collect, so no way I'm waiting until Jan. Whether it's mid-Dec of mid-Jan will only make a difference for people who think it will. The placebo effect. The real factor at resale is going to be whether the car is AP1 or AP2, and whether it's unlimited SuperCharger or limited SuperCharger. Those are tangible differences.
Unless they come out with something else new or find out their 2.0 hardware really needs 3.0 hardware for fully a driving

Yep, it's a bold move... Tesla drawing a line in the sand, and saying 2016 hardware/sensor/camera tech will need no improvements to get to full no-driver-in-car autonomy. "Just software." We'll see...
It isn't hard to theorize the sensors required for self-driving abilities. With the current AP2.0 setup, the X will have better 360 vision than any human, plus a radar. If we can drive with much less input, I'm sure they can program an AI to do the same with this sensor suite.

My only caveat is that a rear radar may be over-kill, but may have a small improvement on some very rare edge cases.