Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's something I'd like, and I realize this is radical: When the speed limit changes, the autopilot speed of the car, like, changes. What a concept!

Yes, in some situations it kinda does that. If I have it set to 57 in a 55 MPH ZONE, and the limit changes to 45 MPH, it will go to 50 MPH. I want it to go to 45 MPH or 45 plus the specified offset.

I can see the reluctance to have the speed increase, but decrease should be a no-brainer. Maybe I'm missing something.

Here's something I'd like, and I realize this is radical: When the speed limit changes, the autopilot speed of the car, like, changes. What a concept!

Yes, in some situations it kinda does that. If I have it set to 57 in a 55 MPH ZONE, and the limit changes to 45 MPH, it will go to 50 MPH. I want it to go to 45 MPH or 45 plus the specified offset.

I can see the reluctance to have the speed increase, but decrease should be a no-brainer. Maybe I'm missing something.
FSD does this.

Mine seems to follow the posted speed limit signs sometimes, but I never really know when it will and when it just ignores the signs. No FSD here.

Make the size of the car visualization side bar user adjustable
FSD Beta software has allowed adjustments to the size of the car/road visualizations, but not in the direction of your request. It can be made full screen or regular size.

If what has been separate software for FSD Beta gets merged with regular production software for the holiday update, it seems likely the user adjustable side bar as well as generally richer visualizations will be included.

What I'd seriously like:

- High contrast / larger font mode for older drivers. I'm not even THAT old, but I sometimes struggle to read the display at night
- Specifically for the new energy visualization - fix the (low) contrast and (tiny) font sizes! Why all the blank space??
- Navigation voice guidance that doesn't keep turning itself off (2 Teslas, total of 5 years of ownership - still can't figure out what causes the voice guidance to mute)
- USB music player that can handle playlists and actually lists all the artists under the 'artists' tab
- Additional customization for the display - show efficiency, tire pressure, etc in a movable card, or keep both left and right repeater cams on screen at all times
- Integrate with 3rd-party CCS networks for navigation and pre-conditioning
- "Bike rack mode" to disable just the rear parking sensors without disabling auto pilot - already fixed on 2023 non-USS cars ;-) Also disable or require confirmation for opening the power hatch/trunk from the touchscreen when bike rack mode is active.

What I not so seriously expect:
- Anyone can pay $8 to verify as the owner of your car and drive it away

What I'd seriously like:

- High contrast / larger font mode for older drivers. I'm not even THAT old, but I sometimes struggle to read the display at night
- Specifically for the new energy visualization - fix the (low) contrast and (tiny) font sizes! Why all the blank space??
- Navigation voice guidance that doesn't keep turning itself off (2 Teslas, total of 5 years of ownership - still can't figure out what causes the voice guidance to mute)
- USB music player that can handle playlists and actually lists all the artists under the 'artists' tab
- Additional customization for the display - show efficiency, tire pressure, etc in a movable card, or keep both left and right repeater cams on screen at all times
- Integrate with 3rd-party CCS networks for navigation and pre-conditioning
- "Bike rack mode" to disable just the rear parking sensors without disabling auto pilot - already fixed on 2023 non-USS cars ;-) Also disable or require confirmation for opening the power hatch/trunk from the touchscreen when bike rack mode is active.

What I not so seriously expect:
- Anyone can pay $8 to verify as the owner of your car and drive it away

+1 for text size

Also would be nice to customize the default number of in the turn signal indicator between 3-5.

My 2018 Model 3 has always done this, even before FSD.

Reactions: Thp3
CarPlay won't. Apple Music may.
Yeah I don't know how you can have car play and the Tesla UI, which it kind of imperative for controlling all the things in your car. I know some people would like to use Waze or Apple Maps for navigation but that wouldn't work with Navigate on Autopilot or Supercharger routing.

These days I don't see Elon doing anything more for Apple integration. 😀

Reactions: Airgetlam
Yeah I don't know how you can have car play and the Tesla UI, which it kind of imperative for controlling all the things in your car. I know some people would like to use Waze or Apple Maps for navigation but that wouldn't work with Navigate on Autopilot or Supercharger routing.

These days I don't see Elon doing anything more for Apple integration. 😀
All apple CarPlay is, is #1 navigation apps like waze, and music playing apps that use the standard apple music player UI for everything. App developers don't really have much flexibility in making carplay apps. Everything has to either be a navigation app or an app that worth via music player UI.

I always figured I would never buy another car without carplay but after having carplay in a Kia Soul for 6 years its over rated. Nice that the maps and everything come off your phone so , plug and play between cars and everything is the same between cars but when you think about it.

If Waze were to be an added app in the holiday update it would be game over as that's mainly what people want carplay for.

Reactions: Bilen and Level 1