Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just scanned through here - Tesla Software Update Release Notes - Latest Tesla Updates - and didn't see anywhere that referenced the Sentry Mode Live View as applicable to older MS cars..... Take a more careful look than I did, but maybe that's the issue?

This is correct. Sentry Mode Live View for Model S is only for the 2021 models.

I suspect pre-2021 Model S are going to be a legacy vehicle pretty quickly given we have the older vertical display. I doubt many of these Xmas release features will be backported for us either.

holiday2.jpg

2021.44.25.1 rollout starts Dec 23rd

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question but I’ve tried to connect my PS5 controller to my 2021 M3LR but nothing is happening. I’ve attached wired via USB-C cable. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?
I have no idea, but I've read elsewhere that in these newer models the front USB-C ports are power only, and the only data port is the USB-A port in the glove box. Did you try the USB-A port via an adapter?

I have no idea, but I've read elsewhere that in these newer models the front USB-C ports are power only, and the only data port is the USB-A port in the glove box. Did you try the USB-A port via an adapter?
If that’s the case then that’s a really flawed design. That’s where my drive is for sentry and dashcam data and I’m loathe to be removing it each time I want to use a controller. I’ve seen YouTube videos with it working via the front USB-C ports… but they don’t show the setting up of the controller, just it plugged in and working.