Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 44.6 pushed to my Y today (first update since I picked up the car in mid November!), and of course.

This .25 update looks amazing. Too bad I feel like it will be April when it gets pushed to my car. Do updates increase in frequency after the first big delay after pickup?
I got .6 two days ago and .25 this morning. it's not a long wait

Ok — 2 big gripes. The blind spot camera is an interesting idea, but there should be some ability to limit it: either above a certain speed or on highways only. It’s distracting and unnecessary on local roads every time you turn.

But my bigger bummer is that the trip computer on the main screen appears to be gone! Half the fun of driving the car for me was trying to maximize (or minimize, actually) my wh/mi. Now I don’t know how to watch that in real time anymore. Any help?

Ok — 2 big gripes. The blind spot camera is an interesting idea, but there should be some ability to limit it: either above a certain speed or on highways only. It’s distracting and unnecessary on local roads every time you turn.

But my bigger bummer is that the trip computer on the main screen appears to be gone! Half the fun of driving the car for me was trying to maximize (or minimize, actually) my wh/mi. Now I don’t know how to watch that in real time anymore. Any help?
There's an icon for it on the bottom bar now, just to the right of the theatre button. Not sure if it displays during driving but don't see why not...

Totally agree. I know I'm neurotic, but I really appreciated seeing real-time efficiency numbers in a little window. Now you have to pull up the entire car menu which blocks the map. Lame.

• Light Show
  • Customizable app launcher
  • Simplified controls (moved under controls menu)
  • Manual dark mode
  • Automatic blind spot camera
  • Edit waypoints
  • TikTok added to theater
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
Woke up this morning to the Holiday update notification, 2021.44.25.2.

Teslafi has 2363 Model Y members. 975 of those have already downloaded .25.2 and 415 more installs are pending. Considering that only a small fraction of Model Y owners subscribe to Teslafi, there is a massive number of installations occuring today.

Same gripes as everyone -- I miss the cards with PSI and trip computer. I don't like having to go into the full screen menu for both.

I like the blind spot camera.

I like the customizable launcher but wish there were more option (seat heaters etc)

I wish there was a "music" icon like before. Now, each source has its own icon and there aren't enough spaces for me to have one for each source I use.

I miss the tap to record dashcam button and icons showing that it is recording and the sentry icon.

I generally like the way it looks more though -- the fonts seem clearer and, generally, larger.

Reactions: BuckeyeFanMH84
Got the update this morning....

-Blind spot camera is nice, but I want it at the TOP of the screen, not near the bottom.

-Speedometer font and navigation entry font is better than before.

-How do I get to the tire pressure and efficiency windows? Tried sliding left and right quickly and it no longer works.

-Still can't shut off passenger vent manually.

-There's a max amount of icons that can fit.

-I really wanted to see navigation destinations personalized, as in, I don't want to see other drivers' destinations and vice versa. Not in this update!

-Generally, its nicer than before, but will most definitely need some more tuning.

Got the update this morning, the whole family loved the light show. It was definitely loud too, I was tempted to turn it down with the volume control it prompts you with but went for it anyway.

Also missing the quick cards for energy, tire pressure. Wish those were still there.

Live sentry is really cool.

Overall love the update minus the quick cards being removed. Hoping those return somehow.