Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holy crap Tidal makes the audio system come ALIVE.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already thought that the audio systems in our Tesla’s were amazing. Then I used Tidal. Holy cow does the hi fidelity source make a huge difference. It’s truly amazing.

Load up Tidal, set the base to 4-5, Treble to 4, and mid to 1. Immersive sound to standard or high.
search for song “Internet friends” by Knife Party.

It’s like an IMAX experience!

Enjoy!

I already thought that the audio systems in our Tesla’s were amazing. Then I used Tidal. Holy cow does the hi fidelity source make a huge difference. It’s truly amazing.

Load up Tidal, set the base to 4-5, Treble to 4, and mid to 1. Immersive sound to standard or high.

Enjoy!
That is great news! I hope I get the update soon.

To be clear, Tidal requires wifi, correct? and will not work over the built in Tesla LTE?

That is great news! I hope I get the update soon.

To be clear, Tidal requires wifi, correct? and will not work over the built in Tesla LTE?
Not sure. I downloaded some stuff while farting around with the update last night and listened to the download stuff on the way to work. Will try streaming later today and I’ll get back to you. For what it’s worth I’m pretty sure that streaming over LTE is supported because the app shows everything and isn’t limited to a “downloaded only” section.

Reactions: JBT66
Not sure. I downloaded some stuff while farting around with the update last night and listened to the download stuff on the way to work. Will try streaming later today and I’ll get back to you. For what it’s worth I’m pretty sure that streaming over LTE is supported because the app shows everything and isn’t limited to a “downloaded only” section.
Thanks. The release notes made it sound like only downloading was permitted. Streaming on WiFi hotspot would be nice. Streaming on Tesla premium connectivity would be even nicer, but I doubt they would allow the bitrate necessary for CD quality lossless or better.

Has there been any word on whether they'll get around to updating Spotify to support higher bitrate audio, now that Tidal is offered? That's near the top of my update wishlist.
Not sure. There has been talk about higher bitrate with Spotify but it probably won’t come to the native Tesla app - just like the rest of Spotify features that are only on smartphone apps. For example, crossfading and EQ. I really wish that Spotify had cross fade for the Tesla app. The Spotify for Tesla is pretty bare bones (playlists have a song cap too) and I wouldn’t expect them to change anything.

Thanks. The release notes made it sound like only downloading was permitted. Streaming on WiFi hotspot would be nice. Streaming on Tesla premium connectivity would be even nicer, but I doubt they would allow the bitrate necessary for CD quality lossless or better.
I can confirm that it uses the onboard LTE for streaming audio (just like any of the other audio apps). It also streams HiFi over LTE btw. Pretty awesome actually. Works just like Spotify but sounds better.

Last edited:
Gave the hi-fi subscription a go. Scooby is right - the sound is fantastic. Ill be following closely to see if the hi-fi plus is yet another step up.
Right?! Curious… did you try the song I mentioned above? It’s a fantastic benchmark. Try it with Tidal and then go back to Spotify with the same song. It’s amazing how much more responsive and dynamic the subwoofer is. I’m probably going to cancel my Spotify premium and just stick with Tidal. I also enjoy stand up comedy and Tidal has a huge amount of that too (almost reminds me of SiriusXM).

Reactions: preilly44 and JBT66
Right?! Curious… did you try the song I mentioned above? It’s a fantastic benchmark. Try it with Tidal and then go back to Spotify with the same song. It’s amazing how much more responsive and dynamic the subwoofer is. I’m probably going to cancel my Spotify premium and just stick with Tidal. I also enjoy stand up comedy and Tidal has a huge amount of that too (almost reminds me of SiriusXM).
I haven't. I'll give it a go tomorrow 👍

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82

Enjoy!
Those settings would be great if you like a clipped signal.