Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home EV Charger install Vancouver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im waiting for the delivery of my Model 3 SR+. Im planning on upgrading to a 240V outlet in my garage to charge the car at home. Who in the Vancouver area do you guys recommend to get the job done? I got a quote from EV Tec BC Pros, it wasn't too bad, just shy of $1000. Curious to see if there's any other solid options out there.

Thanks!

Hello Karnym,
did you end up going with EV Tec BC Pros? I just had two guys from Cove Power come over. They said it would cost between $1000 to $4000, depending on power consumption(?). It sounded like they would charge not based on hardware and time, but on how much power the installation would deliver. I wonder if I should get a quote from another company to compare.
Thanks, Otto.

I got several quotes in the $350 range plus the charger cost of course. All depends on how your home is setup already

Is this quote to install the charger or adding an outlet to the panel. I got quote in $500 to $600 to add a 20amp 240v outlet. I wish to go higher amp but my panel is maxed out and can’t take more than 20amp.

Can I have your contact for $350?

Is this quote to install the charger or adding an outlet to the panel. I got quote in $500 to $600 to add a 20amp 240v outlet. I wish to go higher amp but my panel is maxed out and can’t take more than 20amp.

Can I have your contact for $350?

where you located? So I got several quotes and they said $350 whether I do the 240 or the wall charger as their cost would be the same. Turns out my house was already wired in for a 240v and only needed the outlet and it was only $100 with parts. The guy that did that said if I got the charger it would be $300 to put in and he would do the paperwork for the rebate from bc hydro. And to the post above it’s 50% back up to $750

where you located? So I got several quotes and they said $350 whether I do the 240 or the wall charger as their cost would be the same. Turns out my house was already wired in for a 240v and only needed the outlet and it was only $100 with parts. The guy that did that said if I got the charger it would be $300 to put in and he would do the paperwork for the rebate from bc hydro. And to the post above it’s 50% back up to $750

I’m located in Richmond, BC

Personally, I think the cost should be based on how long it takes to get the work done. Electricians will charge around $60-70 per hour. If it is a pretty straightforward job, the parts will cost around $150-$200, and add the labour costs to that (including about 1 hour for electrician to pick up the parts etc.)

That being said, my nema 14-50 charger plug was installed in my garage, around 15 ft from my breaker panel for $300 total, parts and labour. It was done by someone that I know, so I paid a little bit less, but it shouldn't be too much more than that (of course depending on how long the run is etc)

The parts cost less than $200, so if someone is coming out and charging a very high amount, what hourly rate are they charging? $250/hour?!!!

Reactions: Gordeee
I’m in Vancouver and Just installed HPWC Gen 3.

It’s a single house with 125 amp panel. Installed 40 amp(32 amp useable). $30 more for 50 amp(40 amp useable) but i have SR+ which only takes up to 32 amp.
The panel is at the garage and around 10 feet connection.

HPWC :$630 + Tax
Installation:$450 + $150 (permit)

BC Hydro rebate (just applied) : $615
If they include the tax, it would be $667

total cost(including HPWC) : $668 or $720 (if BC Hydro does rebate the tax portion)

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Personally, I think the cost should be based on how long it takes to get the work done. Electricians will charge around $60-70 per hour. If it is a pretty straightforward job, the parts will cost around $150-$200, and add the labour costs to that (including about 1 hour for electrician to pick up the parts etc.)

That being said, my nema 14-50 charger plug was installed in my garage, around 15 ft from my breaker panel for $300 total, parts and labour. It was done by someone that I know, so I paid a little bit less, but it shouldn't be too much more than that (of course depending on how long the run is etc)

The parts cost less than $200, so if someone is coming out and charging a very high amount, what hourly rate are they charging? $250/hour?!!!

I totally agree with you, the panel is in my garage and it’s a 20ft run to the new outlet inside the garage, I think $500 is a bit high.