Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Link Automatic Garage Opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Did anyone else purchase the Home Link module for $300.00 from Tesla... I purchase mine on April 5th, still waiting for a call from the Service Department in Miramar for the install. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Fred

Got a reply back:

“Thanks for contacting Tesla. After reviewing your order, we have confirmed that all the parts for the Automatic Garage Opener have arrived at your designated service center.

We have notified the service center to reach out to you for installation. However, if they do not contact you, please feel free to self-schedule an installation appointment via the Tesla mobile app or through your Tesla account profile.”

I made an appointment at another location due to the date the first service center had appointments well into May. I would be out of town. So waiting for a reply to ensure they can send the part over to the other SC for the install on the 26th of April.

Fred

I ordered back on April 10 as well. Heard nothing. Called the service center and they had no idea what I was talking about. They asked for a picture of the receipt. I sent to them and they activated HomeLink on my touchscreen however it doesn't work. Drove the car to the service center and they confirmed they need to install the module under the front bumper. The earliest appointment is in May. Kinda sucks.

Got a reply back:

“Thanks for contacting Tesla. After reviewing your order, we have confirmed that all the parts for the Automatic Garage Opener have arrived at your designated service center.

We have notified the service center to reach out to you for installation. However, if they do not contact you, please feel free to self-schedule an installation appointment via the Tesla mobile app or through your Tesla account profile.”

I made an appointment at another location due to the date the first service center had appointments well into May. I would be out of town. So waiting for a reply to ensure they can send the part over to the other SC for the install on the 26th of April.

Fred
So I assume mobile service was not an option for this?

Reactions: hcdavis3
  • Park your car in front of the device you want to program.
  • Access the HomeLink settings on your touchscreen through Controls > Settings > HomeLink.
  • Add a new HomeLink.
  • Select ‘Program.'
  • Follow the instructions on the touchscreen.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the Homelink hardware is not included with the SR/SR+ versions of the Model 3. If someone with one of those Model 3’s wants Homelink functionality they need to purchase the option and Tesla needs to install the hardware in their car.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
How long was the install? I just ordered it and I'm wondering if I can just wait at the service center while it's being installed.

Tesla quotes 2 hours; it takes at least an hour. They have to remove parts of the frunk to install it, then the car config needs to be updated and tested. I just had the mobile tech do it recently at our home and it went very smooth.

Reactions: djroberts
Tesla quotes 2 hours; it takes at least an hour. They have to remove parts of the frunk to install it, then the car config needs to be updated and tested. I just had the mobile tech do it recently at our home and it went very smooth.
Removing parts of the frunk is news. Prior to your post, I read the front bumper had to be removed. Was your front bumper and parts of the frunk removed...or was the front bumper left in place?