Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink help please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Thanksgiving.

I read through almost everything concerning the HomeLink programming.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I can’t seem to be able to go past the first step where the lights flashed once people SH and hold the remote control.

I even put in fresh battery to the remote.

At this point, the only culprit I can think of is the HomeLink in the MS is defective.

Any help to resolve this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

When I programmed mine, my opener had a 3rd button that didn't open anything. I couldn't get past the first step either until I tried holding down that third button... all the sudden, "bam" it worked. Not sure what that button does, but it got it programmed.

Reactions: ACA Man
My Mod S will not connect to my Homelink garage door opener. I have tried the "offiical" method at least a dozen times and have tried all recommendations from this forum, even called Homelink who could not make it work. I am convinced the problem is with the car since my Volt works properly with the opener. If/when I take it to SC I will have them look into it. SIGH!

My Mod S will not connect to my Homelink garage door opener. I have tried the "offiical" method at least a dozen times and have tried all recommendations from this forum, even called Homelink who could not make it work. I am convinced the problem is with the car since my Volt works properly with the opener. If/when I take it to SC I will have them look into it. SIGH!
That’d be my thought too.
May be the receiver is defective.