TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Homelink is active

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by paulp, Nov 23, 2018.

1. paulp

paulp Member

Had an error on my S about vision. Came back 10mins later and error gone but homelink symbol active. So I tried it. It works!
    2018 model s

• Love x 1
  2. paulp

paulp Member

Update: it works on my 2yr old merlin garage doors. It doesn’t work with my 2 year old tau gate. I’ll likely need a new reciever for the gate

3. Dilz

Dilz Member

My bloody Homelink icon disappeared today!

4. paulp

paulp Member

Not all cars will have the necessary hardware

5. Dilz

Dilz Member

is there a way / place i should check to see if mine does?

6. paulp

paulp Member

I presume, now that it’s actually active, that if you have a homelink button top left of your screen next to charge icon, and if you press homelink and it gives you the setup prompts, that you have the hardware.

7. Dilz

Dilz Member

U
    Unfortunately, the icon still hasn't come back, even after the dual scroll reboot.

I was referring to the location of the hardware, so i could see if my car has the needed hardware at least

8. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

The hardware, if you have it lives behind the front bumper.
    I understand that early Model S with the centre grille have the wiring but not the Home Link transponder.
    If you have an updated Model S or a Model X, so far we only have a 2018 Model S owner confirm that it works.
    I speculate that Tesla has rewritten the code to not show the Home Link icon unless it detects the transponder but until more people dig behind their front bumper we’ll never know.
    I’d love to know the part number for the transponder on late model cars so I could order one, may have to headlock the service manager at Alexandria to get it out of him when I am there on Wednesday.

9. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

Maybe you could ask them whether the updated hardware is linked to the vehicle option codes?

10. paulp

paulp Member

When programming, it asks to point your remote just left of centre just under the bonnet front edge. Presumably that is where the hardware is located.

11. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

They told me the car would open the garage door and drive out to meet me at the kerb. I'm going to try to get them to put a transponder in the car if there isn't one there.
    How do I find it?

12. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

After an online search I believe the circled object is the Homelink module. My car has nothing here.
    TeslaHomeLink (2).JPG

• Informative x 1
  13. paulp

paulp Member

Indeed tesla have made that representation to all owners, although I think they stopped making the representation a couple of years ago.

14. paulp

paulp Member

Yes thats about where the screen says to point the remote, so it’s likely correct.

15. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Why "point" the remote?
    Mine is RF, not IR so maybe it won't work?? (if there is a detector in my car at all!!)

16. Icey

Icey Member

IR would be silly on garage doors, So many variables. All garage doors are RF. In Australia there are allowed to operate on 410mhz-433mhz.(USA is 288mhz-433mhz)

The point of pointing it close at the Homelink Transmitter is that it does not get confused with any other signals when programming.

17. nikv

nikv New Member

Just made it work with a steeline door.. works really well and such a good feature!

18. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Damn, my icon has gone :-(

I’m on version 2018.42.3.

19. Dilz

Dilz Member

if you get it back, let me know what you did to get it back

20. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I’ve tried making a wish, but that didn’t work.

I’m pretty sure my car doesn’t have the hardware so Tesla has hidden the button. They probably showed the button earlier due to incompetence.

• Funny x 1